• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Rabbits- U/D 24th November

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Well, it looks as though I am heading for another phase of losses :cry: So I dont post too many threads about each individual Rabbit I hope it is OK for me to use this thread to try to help me cope. There is only me here, so RU is my only outlet, sorry

First Rodney, he is 10 and he has been on treatment for arthritis and a degenerative disc problem in his spine. He is now on the maximum dose of all possible medications but today he has gone completely off his back legs again. If we cannot get him mobile again I will have to let him go. Rodney HATES hands on care, he is 100% not a Rabbit who could have any quality of life if permanently paralysed :cry:

Lord H is having another severe relapse of his GI tract problem. As yet we dont know why, it happened after having his ears cleaned. This has been the case before, we think there may be a connection.

Flynn had a suspected stroke 48 hours ago. He is now completely blind. We do not know how well he will cope with this and we may need to make a decision about his quality of life too :cry:

Bobbie is really showing her age and her chronic Respiratory Tract and mobility problems are starting to take their toll. Bobbie is another Rabbit who does not cope well with hands on care. So the more she needs (due to her inability to keep herself clean) the more her quality of life deteriorates. Given that she spent the first part of her life as a breeding machine in a Meat Farm I will not allow her final months to be full of stress. So she too is very much on borrowed time.

Lady Lydia has had 2 episodes of pyelonephritis. She also has a suspected Thymoma. Whilst she is doing reasonably well at the moment, she too is on borrowed time

I am finding losses harder and harder to cope with, soon my house will be even more empty

:cry:

Last edited:
What you are going through is terrible, there have been so many worries for you lately I don't know how you do it. Keep reminding yourself that whatever happens you are doing the best for those bunnies and being selfless in doing so. We all know you would never let anyone down.

Keep your chin up Jane. We are all here to support you xxx

Goodness, it sounds like a very worrying time for you but you are clearly doing all you can for them and its wonderful that you can be there for them, they must take great comfort from that and I hope you can too... These bunnies have such a way of breaking our hearts sometimes don't they :( :cry: sending hugs and vibes for you and the bunnies xx

Jane, I'm just heartsick for you for all the stress and worry you are enduring, knowing how much your bunny family means to you. I wish there was any way I could change how things are to help you. :(
I am always thinking of you and the bunnies and keeping you all in my prayers. I hope you can feel the hugs I am sending you. xxxxxx

The problem with loving all these little souls as well as you do, is that it hurts so much when they have to leave :cry:

I am so sorry you have such a lot to deal with at the moment. I can imagine how stressful and overwhelming it must be

Sending strength and great big hugs

xx

Rodney has an appointment booked for tomorrow morning. Unless he has a miraculous improvement he will be PTS :cry: Today he is being spoiled with lots of treats and as little handling as possible.

:cry:

Sending you hugs and coping vibes Jane, and comforting vibes to the buns that aren't so well at the moment. Try and stay strong and by all means keep posting so we can keep sending love your way xxx

:cry: I'm so sorry. I know you will make the right decisions for your rabbits based on their individual needs, it must be so so hard :cry:

Sending vibes for them all and hugs for you xx

You look after your rabbits so well and have given them tje best lives they could of ever had. It must be horrible having so many buns ill and such a worry. Keep strong x

Oh Jane...I'm so very very sorry :cry::cry::cry:
Sleep peacefully Rodney, you will be deeply missed by so many. :cry:

Sending you comforting hugs Jane. Again I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to him today. :( xxxxxxxx

Back