• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding in Scotland

thenamesJT

Mama Doe
Hi All,

I've not posted on here for a long time but really need help.

My little Orla died yesterday leaving Rodge all alone. Rodge is 5 years old now so looking to offer a home to either a single or bonded pair 5 plus years.

I need help with bonding though, only ever bonded Rodge with baby buns.

Sorry for the direct and blunt approach but I'm so heartbroken and wanting to make sure Rodge isn't lonely.

Hi All,

I've not posted on here for a long time but really need help.

My little Orla died yesterday leaving Rodge all alone. Rodge is 5 years old now so looking to offer a home to either a single or bonded pair 5 plus years.

I need help with bonding though, only ever bonded Rodge with baby buns.

Sorry for the direct and blunt approach but I'm so heartbroken and wanting to make sure Rodge isn't lonely.

I'm so sorry you lost your little girl :cry:

Are there any rescues near you who can help you with the bonding? Bonding a trio isn't always as easy as bonding a pair, and if you're not used to bonding rabbits, may be a bit daunting x

I'm so sorry you lost little Orla :cry:

I think that I've heard that Fairly Beloved Rabbit Rescue will sometimes help with bonding.

I'm so sorry you lost little Orla :cry:

I think that I've heard that Fairly Beloved Rabbit Rescue will sometimes help with bonding.

Thank you, I am beyond upset at the moment. I'm stressing about poor Rodge and just want to find him a similar aged companion asap. :cry:

Thank you, I am beyond upset at the moment. I'm stressing about poor Rodge and just want to find him a similar aged companion asap. :cry:

I'm so sorry to read this..

Fairly Beloved rabbit care in Kirkintilloch will bond for you. I got my 2 from there... There are some lovely buns there. Its so difficult for you just now though. I know that pain only too well.
Love fee x

Hey all,

I contacted Fairly Beloved last week and they approved my application.

Sent them a list of the rabbits I'd be interested in but never heard back.

Really keen to have a bun within the next few weeks for Rodge as he's really not himself.

Anyone know how long they usually take in regards to continuing the adopting process??

Thanks

Do they have a phone number that you could call to confirm things?

I don't think so. I'll give it until Friday and if I don't hear back I'll have to do the one thing I do not want to do....buy instead of rescue.

Rodge is really unsettled without Orla. He was always the groomer, would sit for ages grooming her and then falling asleep cuddled up.

I know I can bond him with a young rabbit as he was wonderful with Orla and Sookie. I'd just worry that introducing him to an adult bun without any assistance would end in disaster. Rodge is harmless but I'd worry about the other bun hurting him.

Hiya.. Have you heard anything from FBRC yet??

Hi, had no response since their initial interest in me offering one of their pairs/single bun a home. I know they must be very busy but they were so quick to reply and now....nothing. :cry:

I'm not adopting for my own benefit, I'm doing it for my boy Rodge to be happy again. I don't want him being alone for much longer. I really don't want to buy but it looks like I might have to.

Back