• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roofer tried to buy Moley...

Rab-bit

Alpha Buck
We had a roofer to quote for a job, and as he came into the garden Moley came out to show off :roll: it worked as the guy was impressed and said his 2 year old son wanted a bunny but, he said rabbits "bite and scratch" and so he isn't sure but a massive one like Moley would be "awesome". :shock: I then went into a lecture about how expensive rabbits are, not ideal pets for children, need more then a hutch and a need a friend, in short don't get one ... However he wasn't listening and asked if I wanted to sell Moley to him I said certainly not..... and said let's look at the job he was there for, then, Poppy came out and he went "you have another one" durrrr well I did just lecture you about rabbits needing friends, he then asked if I would sell her instead :evil:

After he finally over priced the work on his exit he stopped at Moley and said "now I really want a rabbit like him.. Are you sure he isn't for sale"??? I said NO! And that Moley nips because he is bossy and big, that put him off ;) and I told him if he really has to get one then go to a rescue not a pet shop... but best not to get one at all as ALL rabbits are likely to bite and will definitely scratch at some point, I know this isn't true but it was the only way I could think of saving some poor bunny from this man and his 2 year old son whom "wants an animal he can chase around and pick up" :shock:

Oh my goodness! How frustrating that he didn't listen or anything!

I don't blame you for trying to put him off :thumb: xxx

People have tried to buy our dogs and bunnies before, it baffles me. They obviously don't understand or care about pets at all, if they think that everyone's just willing to sell their animals to some randomer :shock:

Hmm he sounds dodgy and cheeky! You did well trying to dissuade him. Also I don't think any two year old can really articulate wanting a pet ( or toy for that matter) beyond toddler gibberish and a few words. It's usually the parent who decides their child wants a pet and any parent who gives in to the pester power of a two year old is in need of a backbone!

What a horrid man! After a certain point, you have to stop using sense and start doing things to just put them off.

We had a roofer to quote for a job, and as he came into the garden Moley came out to show off :roll: it worked as the guy was impressed and said his 2 year old son wanted a bunny but, he said rabbits "bite and scratch" and so he isn't sure but a massive one like Moley would be "awesome". :shock: I then went into a lecture about how expensive rabbits are, not ideal pets for children, need more then a hutch and a need a friend, in short don't get one ... However he wasn't listening and asked if I wanted to sell Moley to him I said certainly not..... and said let's look at the job he was there for, then, Poppy came out and he went "you have another one" durrrr well I did just lecture you about rabbits needing friends, he then asked if I would sell her instead :evil:

After he finally over priced the work on his exit he stopped at Moley and said "now I really want a rabbit like him.. Are you sure he isn't for sale"??? I said NO! And that Moley nips because he is bossy and big, that put him off ;) and I told him if he really has to get one then go to a rescue not a pet shop... but best not to get one at all as ALL rabbits are likely to bite and will definitely scratch at some point, I know this isn't true but it was the only way I could think of saving some poor bunny from this man and his 2 year old son whom "wants an animal he can chase around and pick up" :shock:

Good for you Moley! :lol: You show that mean man who's boss :p

Some people really are ridiculous. Good for you.

Not really surprised he loved Moley though..... Is he totally fine now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so glad everyone agrees with what I did and my thoughts about him... Roaring numtpy indeed, I am just praying that he never has the sense to actually get a bunny or ANY animal come to think of it!!

Chloe Murray - him asking if my buns were for sale is what started me onto the 'path of anger', they live in a nice big shed and I obviously care about them, why on earth would I sell them, especially to him.

SJH - thanks for enquiring and yes he is remarkably well, honestly If you met him without knowing his problem you would never guess he had broken his leg or which one it was :thumb: on that point maybe I should have recouped some of the cost and offered to sell Moley for £5,000 :lol: roughly what has been spent on him in the last 3 years haha..

Keletkezes - I wasn't sure about him when I initially spoke to him and the rabbit thing was the nail in the coffin - he is coming nowhere near my roof!!!

What an idiot. Maybe just me being paranoid but I'd be upping my security as well. There's some horrible people out there x

Back