• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some ideas to furnish a shed on limited budget

foxy2279

Alpha Buck
My husband found this summerhouse reduced at B and Q two days ago.

10386770_10152948444700774_654624530579169280_n_zps580e48a6.jpg

We had to dismantle it and bring it home ourselves. Good job i was good at tetris as a kid. This is it in my pug 206

1375788_10152948570445774_7721711918741666046_n_zpsa5c4e9c5.jpg

Once we have paid out for new windows, roof felt and to do the base we have about £40 left to do the inside. I have a manor pet housing haybar and a little hut they can snuggle in but lost for other ideas in budget. If anyone can help i would be very grateful

Remodelled apple crates!

Also, I'm planning to write some how-tos for budget bunny toys/beds and stuff, so as soon as I have anything I'll let you know! You'd be amazed what you can do with old furniture from charity shops.

I'd love to see how your project turns out! :D

Good find! A couple of shelf brackets and some recycled boards would make a cheap shelf for across the back.

I got an old hutch on freecycle. Cleaned with hot water and vinegar and painted with cuprinol garden shades and the quad now have a hidey box/ledge.

I second the cardboard box idea. My lot love them!

Cute Wendy house.
Charity shops often have cool bits & pieces that can work really well in a bunny house if you use your imagination.

Ikea lack tables make a cheap shelf :) also look on gumtree fr second hand kennels or hutches and also kids furniture :)

ETA so impressed with your Tetris skills!!

Proof that small cars aren't always TOO small :D It's amazing what I can fit in my Corsa :D

Wilko has a load of random cheap stuff in all the time: plastic boxes and things. I got my litter tray and a wicker/reed wastepaper bin from there.

Ikea lack tables (£5 each for the white ones) and a billy bookcase (£12 - white) Great for bunnies if you want to add levels!

Thats a brilliant bargain!!! I so need one of them, im going to keep my eye out at my local b&q!!! Cant wait to see what you do with it.

Thank you all some great ideas :D

It's amasing what you can fit in small cars with a bit of fiddling.

It's going up tomorrow. Can't wait to start filling it then my newly bonded pair to move in.

I absolutely love how you have fitted that in your car!!! :shock::lol: I am always trying to squeeze unsuitable items in my little Aygo!! :D If you have a local Homebase, ours has a 'free timber' section, I regularly go and have a look to see whats in there. I recently found an old bathroom cabinet which with a bit of adjustment became a little hidey hut, and lots of wood to make a shelf in my wendy house... x

Back