• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Money, money, money!

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
Another £45 on the bunnies today, I know I'm lucky that the boys have never needed any ''major'' bills paying with regards to vet care or anything *touch wood*, but lately these little guys seem to be costing me a fortune, it amazes me how people think they are ''cheap'' pets.

I've decided to get them a bigger bag of the Oat and Barley hay they got before in a smaller bag, they literally DIVED into it before, but funnily enough didn't show the timothy stuff as much interest?

I've also decided to give the papaya tablets a go, even if they only make the tiniest difference they are worth a go. Even with regular brushing the fur that flies around that enclosure is amazing, its stuck to everything ALL the time. :roll:

Then I just got more megazorb for litter trays. I love my little guys but they are draining me dry :lol: I only have them and now Rocky the conure too and they are all costing me a fortune! The boys insurance is £18.90 a month and now Rocky's is added on each month at £13.10. I was buying Christmas presents for the buns the other day and new things for Rocky's cage.

I think I have an animal spoiling problem :lol:

I know what you mean

Lucky bunnies

I had to make an order up to £10 for free amazon shopping yesterday so my two will be getting some orchard grass to try...

I know what you mean

Lucky bunnies

I had to make an order up to £10 for free amazon shopping yesterday so my two will be getting some orchard grass to try...

I had to laugh when I gave my two the Oat and Barley, they got the whiff of it and couldn't contain themselves. I've never seen them so excited for hay!

I don't have any children so those two get spoilt like children :lol: I always wonder and hope that I can still spoil them if I do have any children. People are always telling me I need to have a baby :roll: I enjoy spoiling my rabbits!

I'm just the same, they and my cat ARE my babies :lol: I get so excited when I buy them anything new, I just love to see them happy. I would go without myself to give them the best-not ashamed to say it.
Where do you get oat and barley from please, never tried mine with that ?

I'm just the same, they and my cat ARE my babies :lol: I get so excited when I buy them anything new, I just love to see them happy. I would go without myself to give them the best-not ashamed to say it.
Where do you get oat and barley from please, never tried mine with that ?

I got a 4.5kg bag of this https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/oat-wheat-barley-hay.html :wave:

I don't know how yours will react but mine LOVE it, its got lovely big thick stems in it and my two went mad over it! I just put a layer in with their usual Pure Pastures meadow hay ( https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/pure-pastures-meadow-hay.html) that I get from The Range in big Maxi packs for like £3 or something! They like the pure pastures but its not as nice looking as the oat stuff at all, I can see why its so much more appetizing!

Lopsy's not costing me much money: apart from a neuter and vaccs, no other vet visits (touch wood) and his food isn't expensive. Moreso now we're in winter and forage is less and he needs to eat more, but his main longterm upkeep expense is his litter (Back2Nature pellets) because he's weeing a lot more now he's eating veg: so much more water in it! One 20L bag lasts a bit less than a month, and P@H don't always have the 30L bags. :S

I scavenged another tube from the lovely tram people yesterday :) I think I've got about 15m if you put them all end-to-end now XD I reckon I must've spent £300 on housing for him: £40 on the wendy house, £150 on paint etc. for making good/pretty, £30 on wire for the windows and £60 on structural necessities like roofing felt, insulation, plywood...! Not to say odds&ends like a new massive litter tray, digging tray and other toys...!

Where he's properly costing me is time! I've spent a lot of time (all the dry daylight time I have) working on his wendy house, and unfortunately I've got to the point where it needs to go up which needs good weather at a weekend :S There is increasingly less I can do productively both on my own and as it is! Still, once it's done, it's done and doesn't need much further input. But Lopsy will still cost me time ferrying him to dates ;P But that's MUCH less of a chore!

Back