• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeding herbs regularly.

jazxo

Mama Doe
Hello!

My three don't get veggies they just get fresh herbs and forage but I'm wondering how much I should limit and which to limit etc?

I limit parsley as it has a high calcium content but tend to give more mint and basil. I give quite a lot as they only get a small amount of pellets. I say quite a lot but probably about a bunch twice weekly.

So what I'm wondering is are there any experts that can tell me the nutritional values of fresh fenugreek, mint, basil, coriander and any other shop bought bunny safe herbs?

Hello!

My three don't get veggies they just get fresh herbs and forage but I'm wondering how much I should limit and which to limit etc?

I limit parsley as it has a high calcium content but tend to give more mint and basil. I give quite a lot as they only get a small amount of pellets. I say quite a lot but probably about a bunch twice weekly.

So what I'm wondering is are there any experts that can tell me the nutritional values of fresh fenugreek, mint, basil, coriander and any other shop bought bunny safe herbs?

You can easily look these nutritional values up online .. I think mint is also high in calcium. I stick with coriander and methi (can you still get methi this time of year?)

Awww it seems ages since I have seen your sweeties xxx

Mine are getting hay and readigrass these days (ordered a large bag of 'just grass' for them now).

May get a few herbs again (inspired by this thread)!

i think parsley, basil and mint are higher in calcium. coriander is the best one and can be fed daily. bisc can only have coriander and thyme so we rotate those. :wave:

Back