• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bailey's not well - last update 329 :'(

weedug

Mama Doe
Just about to take him to the vet. He was fine yesterday, but looked miserable and wasn't eating this morning. I've tried everything, and although he will eat some things, it seems to make him feel worse. His tummy looks bigger now, so I have removed food until he is seen.

I haven't seen any poops, but he has been eating his special poops. Does that mean there isn't a blockage?

I lost little Blossom 18 months ago with similar symptoms :(

Last edited:
It might not be an actual blockage but could be gas build up? Main thing is you've caught it early & are acting quickly :)

Sending lots of vibes for Bailey x

Bailey is being kept in. His tummy is full of gas. The vet can't feel a blockage, but can't rule it out because of all the gas

Millions of vibes. Hope the gas comes out soon. You do wonder how bunnies get this build up, always such a worry but guess gas is better than a blockage. Xx

The vet was concerned about how quickly the gas built up. Bailey's tummy felt all right this morning, he just looked really miserable. When he started to eat a little I could see his tummy get bigger even from the house :(. I'm really worried about him. My vet doesn't have anyone there overnight either, so if Bailey is still too ill to come home, I will need to take him 20 miles to my vet's emergency vet.

The vet said his heart rate was rather slow too, which I thought was a bit odd for the stress he was under.

Last edited:
Bailey is doing a lot better :D. The vet is happy with how he is doing so I am to go and collect him at 6:30 and bring him home.

I have spent hours going through the security camera footage and the neighbours cat went up to his run last night, but I don't know if that would be enough to scare him. I am moving Bailey inside for the nights, in one of my sheds for the winter.

Bailey is quite bony though, although I don't think he has lost weight :?. He has plenty space and did have constant run access.

We're back, and Bailey isn't as good as they had me believe, although he is brighter than he was and there are some poops.

If he still isn't pooping as normal tomorrow I've to take him back in.

Any spare vibes would be appreciated. This is still going the same way as Blossom, and even the nurse I spoke to said they didn't know if this was the start of something else.

I also use Infacol, its been really useful for my rabbits, it tastes sweet so its not a major hassle getting them to take it

Back