• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for my bunny?

amie944

Young Bun
I adopted my rabbit about 18months ago, he's a French lop called buddy and is about 2 years old. He was about 6 months when I got him. Always been difficult to hand and can be grumpy sometimes. Got him neutered straight away. He loves strokes and playing with his toys. The question I was asking is.. I wanted to adopt him a friend as I think this might make him happier but I don't want to distress him due to him being grumpy and I also don't want to allow either to be in danger. He is a house bunny. Would a friend be good for him? Many thanks, amie

My Pickles could sometimes be grumpy with me, but he worshiped his brother Ginger. I should imagine your bunny would love a friend! Just make sure it's a spayed female and it's been at least 2 months since her op to allow her hormones time to fizzle out!

My advice would be to get in touch with some local rescues centres. Many will allow you to bring your rabbit along to 'date' other buns to see who he gets on best with. Some rescues will take on the whole bonding process for you. Bonding bunnies can be tricky and needs a lot of reading up on if you're going to attempt it yourself. Whatever you decide, good luck, and keep us posted!

Back