• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Boarding near Preston/Manchester

Jade_J

Young Bun
Hello,

Can anyone suggest a rabbit boarding place between Manchester and Preston? I have had a look on google and have found Cottams Rescue, has anyone used this place before? All of the others only seem to have 5ft hutches.

Thanks,
Jade

I've been to Cottam's before to have Barney groomed and the girl running it is very nice. Some of the enclosures are 5ft so I would make sure you ask for the large enclosure (which if I remember right was part of her shed that had been partitioned off.)

It's only a very small business so I would check she's not booked up, as she takes in rescue rabbits and chickens as well so that adds to her intake.

Also just to mention - I had my four booked into an animal boarding place at Great Harwood which is nearby (don't know if I am allowed to name it on here, but basically it's the only one in Great Harwood!) I changed my mind once I visited it as the cages were 4x3 ft but the rabbits didn't get any free range time or access to a run at all (which seemed very unfair as the cats and dogs had run space 24/7.) it was really expensive too so I ended up leaving the buns at home and using a pet sitter.

Just a word of warning in case you travelled all the way out to look at it like I did! Sorry I can't suggest anywhere better :(

Thank you, I will give them a ring tomorrow and check what they have available! And will avoid the one in a great Harwood! It is surprising how many boarding places there are that have 4ft hutches!

Hi

Im in Manchester so would be interested to hear of any good boarding places for my bunnies. im dreading leaving them when holidays come around

Back