• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pics of your buns toys

el1983

Mama Doe
Im looking to get my buns some new things to put in the runs. It would be great if you would be so kind as to post some pics of what you have in your runs or living areas of hutches etc. Im keeping my eye out for tin baths as ive seen some with grass in, they look great! My mums got one of those igloo type of cat baskets that her cat wont go in so im holding out for that [emoji3] ive been trying to get hold of some logs as well but no luck yet. Any websites you get yours from would be great. Xx

I find that rather than spending a small fortune on shop bought toys Rabbits get just as much enjoyment from home made ones !! An upturned cardboard box with a 'door' cut out so they can hide under it. a cardboard tube stuffed with herby hay, an empty cereal box with just one flake of cereal left in so the Rabbit rams him/herself into the box to get at the flake of cereal !!

Twigs from apple/pear trees are always popular, make sure the tree has not been sprayed with any chemicals though

Also, you can obtain very hard indestructible baby toys from Charity Shops. I have bought loads, each one costing 50p at most

That way you can change the toys over every day as a Rabbit often gets bored with the same toy. So why spend £20 on a shop bought toy when a free home made one will probably be more popular !!

Tamsin has some tips on home made toys on her blog

http://www.therabbithouse.com/blog/

Thank you. Ive been looking online to make home made ones, ive found some good ideas and the rabbit house website is brilliant! Had a look and there are some great ideas. Shop bought toys are so expensive! My mum got my son a baby gym and hes too old for it now but it has some good things I could hang from the run roof. I have a treat ball, I can put the breakfast in that. Ill take a look at the toy making link x

Back