• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vinyl flooring

What to use to stick down vinyl / Lino?

• Glue

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Double sided tape

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chic_a

New Kit
Morning all,
I've just bought the bluebell hutch from pets at home & want to add vinyl / Lino flooring to the hutch to make it easier to clean. What did you use to stick your vinyl down? Double sided tape? Glue? I don't want to use anything that could harm my buns! Thanks

My Rabbits are not kept in hutches so I cant answer your question, but just bumping your thread up so it remains on the first page :)

I'd use glue, the special stuff they use for vinyl floors, in an ideal world. It's perfectly safe if left to breathe for however long is recommended, and tucking up the sides means wee is less likely to get underneath it (have a look in an office or linoed public loo next time you're in one!). Unfortunately, because of the type of flooring and previous fixation techniques used for my wendy house lino, I think I might have to use staples... If you do use glue, I would check the fixation to the type of wood (timber or composite) before proceeding!

If you have enough time to let it dry and get all the smell out, then use glue. If you don't have enough time just put some double sided tape down. Either way pin all the edges down with bits of wood to stop them pull it up.

Back