• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Last night .... (9 rabbits)

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
A few days ago I was alerted about several rabbits running loose in someones house . They had been advertised on free ads as free to good home.

I spent a few days sorting space and then last night sent out 2 volunteers to pick the buns up.

I wont go into detail but will just say they were not being looked after as they should be . no litter trays , no hay , fed on mix, male and female un neutered , 4 youngsters and 3 babies in a nest ... , all together .

All look healthy except mum . she has a huge jaw abcess ... vets at 3.20 today :(

Good luck to mummybun at the vets today and thank you for saving them Angie xxx

Btw if you don't have names yet it's the perfect opportunity for a Snow White, Prince Charming and 7 dwarves
Or more seasonally,dasher, dancer, prancer, vixen, comet, Cupid, donner, blitzen and rudolph

I hope mummy bunny is ok, jaw abscesses always worry me after Harvey had one (although it was too tiny to even see, it felt like half a pea stuck to his jaw), luckily antibiotics did the trick with him, fingers crossed the mummy gets better with vet treatment x

I like the idea of reindeer names for bunnies :D well done for rescuing them all :love:

Really glad you have been able to help these poor little buns. I hope mummybun gets on ok at the vets, lots of vibes for them all x

Poor mummy .... now named Esmee was terrified at the vets ... the good news is that her teeth look to be in good condition ... the bad news is that because she is feeding babies and possibly pregnant we don't have many options to treat her absess . For the time being she is on baytril and metacam as its the safest option .. and a recheck next week

Awww have just been checking out the photos on Facebook and they are all beautiful! Hope she's ok and the baytril/metacam sees her through the next few weeks x

Awww have just been checking out the photos on Facebook and they are all beautiful! Hope she's ok and the baytril/metacam sees her through the next few weeks x

Cant see them on facebook??? (Did see a lovely b/w kitten called Marvin, luckily he isnt in Wales - good with dogs too).

check my own facebook page Angie Bell (with the barc logo) was putting pics on here but having bother with photobucket tonight grrr

Back