• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do your partners deal with your buns?

el1983

Mama Doe
Ive just informed my hubby that I need a good part of our garden for my future bunny set up :) we have a wooden play house on our patio wuth a big run and then a smaller wooden house with another big run atm. It was only supposed to be a temporary set up there but its not going to be changing now so ill have to wait until spring. Im after another play house for Bella but its slightly smaller. I thought he would moan about the amount of space im wanting, maybe he doesn't realise ha ha he is at work ;) but he's agreed now so no going back!!!! How do your partners feel about your buns and how much space you want for them?

It was James who wanted rabbits in the first place (I wanted ferrets), but I don't think either of us expected them to be the pet that they are! It's actually me who has to reign him in with the housing since I want some garden left for us :lol:

Lol aw bless him thats nice though, that he wants to do things for them. I wish my hubby was more interested :-/ I think he only was ok with me having Bella because I wanted a dog lol. I might try and get some of the set up started over the winter, I need a patio laying but I have some slabs so that wont cost much.

This is the area ill be using
68955e9761b6f006a5f3be87da022415.jpg

Its a horrible dull day today. Id like a picket fence from where the plant pot is, going straight across the garden. Im going to leave as much grass as I can so when im home or cleaning them out they can just have free run of that area. As u can see weve done nothing with our garden this year [emoji5] the bunnies ate everything last year and its not been used much other than by the bunnies. Woody loves sitting in the natural patch (weed patch [emoji12] ) at the bottom. I wish I could afford to do it all now, im so impatient.

If anyone wants to post their set ups for some inspiration that would be great x

This is the area ill be using
68955e9761b6f006a5f3be87da022415.jpg

Its a horrible dull day today. Id like a picket fence from where the plant pot is, going straight across the garden. Im going to leave as much grass as I can so when im home or cleaning them out they can just have free run of that area. As u can see weve done nothing with our garden this year [emoji5] the bunnies ate everything last year and its not been used much other than by the bunnies. Woody loves sitting in the natural patch (weed patch [emoji12] ) at the bottom. I wish I could afford to do it all now, im so impatient.

If anyone wants to post their set ups for some inspiration that would be great x

That sounds great, I quite fancy a picket fence myself! It looks like the perfect spot to put a bunny set up as well.:D

The only problem I have is that in the winter it doesn't get the sun because of the fence but I the summer it will be nice and cool and get the sun in the afternoon. I have a bench made out of to sleepers, I think that is high enough to get the sun so when they are out they should get a bit if they sit on there.

I'm lucky my OH hasn't mentioned it! When they were in the garden he didn't care, he didn't use the garden :lol:

Now she's inside he was a bit dubious about the big three story wooden hutch coming in because it is big, bulky and cannot be disguised/hidden at all! But actually he doesn't care now, he loved having Harvey and Lilly indoors and he still loves having Lilly indoors, especially now she's decided to show her loving side towards us! He's rather besotted with her so he overlooks the hutch :p he's not too keen on Sid's (hamster) MASSIVE cage though :p but he doesn't even mention that either :)

Awww can I see pics of your set ups. Bella only went outsode a few wks ago and now we have woody inside whos poorly and hubby isn't too pleased lol. I know why he's not keen on the buns inside though, we have a 10 month old baby so he's into everything.

No partner at the moment, but if I get one he'd better get used to being woken up by Barney jumping on his head in the mornings! :lol:

My rabbits were here before any boyfriend, so he'd have to be very accomodating towards them or he'd be out the door :p

Battlekat I have your set up on my pinterest!!!!!! I wish I had a bigger garden. Lucy-lou Ive told him off the last couple of day. He complained about us not having enough space in the kitchen and him not wanting a hay box in the kitchen. I said I dont know why im asking anyway, its my house too! Im not the kind of person to not do something I dont want to anyway lol.

My OH is pretty good... he built all their runs and stuff and didn't mind too much when I wanted to cover half our deck with them. We had a few barney's, though, when I then said I wanted to upgrade to a shed and increase the runs onto the lawn... with the exasperated ..." For god's sake, how much room do they need!!! "
Ahem, excuse me mister!
I carried on with my plans and he grumped around... then something must have shifted in his man head and he offered to pay for half the new shed and build a fence with a gate so they can have access to the lawn :lol: :thumb:

Ha ha sounds like my hubby, he's just come home and said he's off to b & q tomorrow ti get some bits for making a new cover for them.

No partner, no problem!

My son is very unimpressed with having two of them indoors but he does look after them all if I go away so I cant complain.

Ha ha sounds like my hubby, he's just come home and said he's off to b & q tomorrow ti get some bits for making a new cover for them.

Oh great! Patience and steadfastness ( if that's how you spell it ), can often win :D
Best of luck with your project ! :thumb:

My boyfriend always said he HATED rabbits with a passion and that he didn't want me having any, when I first got my mini lop he soon warmed to him. When I mentioned I was buying a Belgian Hare he wasn't happy about it and we argued, he really wasn't on board with the idea! He now loves both bunnies and spends a lot of time with them (especially the mini lop).....I won't surprise him with any more bunnies just yet.....lol don't want to push my luck :lol:

My other-half will state loudly and clearly that rabbits are rabbits and should be treated like rabbits. I have no idea exactly what that means, except that he was the one out in the garden in the pitch black with a torch picking herbs even though it was raining because he thought that I had given them a limited and boring selection of greens for their evening meal. :roll:

Back