• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a quad

harley&poppy

Young Bun
Hi everyone! So I'm putting my new shed up next weekend. As it is neutral territory can I put all 4 rabbits in there for bonding? They are 2 female-male pairs all neutered so fingers crossed it will go well :)

Hi there,
Neutral area is very important, but equally important is being able to supervise. I'm on day 4 of bonding a trio, and I've sectioned off a small 3'x3' area in the kitchen to start the bonding, mine are outside bunnies. I more or less sat with them all day the first day, and slept in the kitchen with them the first two nights just to be on the safe side, and this bond has been easy as pie compared with some previous pair bonds I've done.
Have you bonded before?

Yes I've bonded a pair before but they were pretty much love at first sight so was very easy! Bonding 4 of them makes me more nervous! Roughly how long would you keep them inside for before you would move them?

Mine were indoors for a couple of weeks while they got used to each other. It was a very mild autumn (october) so they could go out into their shed/run with no problem temperature wise.

Two weeks is a long time though. There has to be at least 48 hours with not chasing, humping, etc before risking a move.

Best of luck. Its fun and stressful all at once!

My trio have been in the kitchen a week now, and I've gradually increased the space over the last few days. There has been no chasing or humping or anything since the morning of day 2 so I'm moving them outside into the summerhouse tomorrow. I'll probably restrict them to just the summerhouse for a day or two before opening access to the run just be on the safe side.
An easy bond for one of the pairs bodes well for the quad bond, my m/f pair were a very easy bond, no bun trying to be top bun, so no dominance challenges.
Good luck :thumb:

Hi everyone! So I'm putting my new shed up next weekend. As it is neutral territory can I put all 4 rabbits in there for bonding? They are 2 female-male pairs all neutered so fingers crossed it will go well :)

Hi there
I will soon be bonding a quad with the same male-female set up as yourself. Could I please check up with how you got on? Thanks

Hi! I will be attempting it next week as I had to wait for one of my females post spay didn't want to ruin it by attempting it too quickly but will let you know how it goes! Good luck on bonding your quad :)

Back