• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what can and what cant you use in homemade bunny treats?

hmmm .... hay yes, (unsure why you asked if it will burn???) :?toilet rolls, cardboard boxes with no tape or staples though, safe tree branches cleaned first . I am sure others on here will have more ideas

I use hay to make treats for Julie. The trick to not letting it burn is to bake on low heat for 30 minutes then turn the oven off and leave it in the oven for one to two hours letting it dry out the rest of the way and crisp up some. You can use pellets porridge oats, little carrot, banana, apple or any fruit or herbs that your bunnies love.

hmmm .... hay yes, (unsure why you asked if it will burn???) :?toilet rolls, cardboard boxes with no tape or staples though, safe tree branches cleaned first . I am sure others on here will have more ideas
I think the OP meant when baking treats inspired by the recent bunny treat bake off :wave:

Thank you, yes that's right I mean in the oven:D hehe. I am going to collect a bunch of stuff and see what I can do :)

Blending your bunnies usual pellets, adding porridge oats and mashed banana, and then mixing it all together and baking in the oven at a low heat is a nice natural snack for your buns, I'm yet to try it with mine though! :) You can always mix herbs into the recipe as well!

Back