• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are bunnies worth it?

Are rabbits worth it?

• Yes!

Votes: 67 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 13.0%

• Total voters

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
Look me in the eye and give your honest, true opinion. Are buns really worth the heartbreak?

YES!!! And considering the amount of heart break I went through in Sept/Oct that definitely says something, I love my bunnies and as upsetting as it is when they're ill and as horrific as it is when they die, the fact I feel like that proves how close a bond and friendship I have with them. I really believe the saying of "rather have loved and lost than never loved at all" describes my thoughts on my bunnies and any other pets too

Absolutely 100% yes.

It might not seem like it if you are going through a bad patch of lots of heartbreak piled on but I would never go back to not having rabbits unless I become physically or financially unable to provide for them.

YES!!! And considering the amount of heart break I went through in Sept/Oct that definitely says something, I love my bunnies and as upsetting as it is when they're ill and as horrific as it is when they die, the fact I feel like that proves how close a bond and friendship I have with them. I really believe the saying of "rather have loved and lost than never loved at all" describes my thoughts on my bunnies and any other pets too

So glad you feel like that. Two sudden losses like that was a really tough hand to be dealt.

Yes. Every measurable millimetre, every scratch and bite, every tear, every sleepless night and uneaten meal. Every ounce of love, every soft stroke, every kiss and every cuddle. Rabbits are worth hell and heaven and the spaces in between.

I want to have rabbits with me until my last breath; or, more likely, until I can no longer care for myself, let alone an animal.

So glad you feel like that. Two sudden losses like that was a really tough hand to be dealt.

It was really hard :( Lilly has helped me through it though, the fact that she has been such a comfort also shows me how much it means to me to share my life with bunnies despite the heart breaks

Absolutely Yes!
I have to have animals in my life, it is a deep and intrinsic need that I seem to have been born with ... it has never faded and I've never questioned it... even if others who know me have. For me , their presence and company makes my very existence complete.
To commit to any relationship, whether it be animal or human Will involve heartbreak, and it's hard!
But the pure joy and love that I feel when I'm with my buns, and the magic that they share with me every moment is priceless, it cannot be compared. And the fear that I feel about losing them or them being hurt or ill cannot be compared either.
To truly Love is tough ! But I don't know what else I'm here for x

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and

Y E S!

Yes yes yes, I can only mirror what others have said. I have just come back from a long long day at my volunteer job,which is mainly outdoors, in the most horrendous weather today. Came back through flooded roads, couldn't wait to get home-first thing I did ? cuddled my cat, then straight out to the bunny shed and cuddled them to. They give me love, they give me purpose, I would have no real reason for anything without them. Can't imagine, wouldn't want to imagine a life without animals-good times and heartbreaking times.

yes, my recent loss of sox really broke my heart, as he was my little baby, kidney disease he fought so many times, but I would do it all again if I could

definitely. They make me smile, they make me laugh, they cheer me up, they keep me company, they never judge me, they're always here, they don't let me down.... Losing pets is horrific but I'd rather go through that heartbreak than to never own a pet ever again.

I adore my 2, love them to bits but spend my whole life worrying about them.

Are they safe, happy, warm, lonely, dry, fed, watered, do they have enough toys? I am paranoid I reckon..

They are fragile creatures so very delicate that they can go from well to the Bridge in hours. They are absolutely worth the dedication it takes to ensure they are well looked after and loved but in terms of heartbreak after a loss... No.. I dont know if I could get another bunny if something happened to one of mine...

Last edited:
Yes, yes and yes.
So much love from a little bun, never been without one from now on.

Les, Bev and Dash, Rosie.

What a good question.

I'd say yes if you can deal with the pain. If not then do not go there. They take a little bit of your heart every time one goes.

I voted No: Lopsy's a rescue, pure and simple. If he hadn't been an offer, I'd've never had another pet. I don't really have time (I'm too hobbied out :)) but I AM willing and able to give him the life he deserves, I just have to put effort in (I'm a naturally lazy creature ;P). I've dropped most of my hobbies to do his wendy house, and put various other things on hold, but he deserves it. Not me: I am not doing this for me, I'm doing it for him and his friend-to-be. So in that sense, they are worth it, but maybe I'm not worth them? Does that make sense?

I always said, however, that if I got another rabbit I'd go to the rescue and get the one that'd been there longest. If this whole keeping bunnies thing does get me hooked, then that's what I'll be doing once Lopsy and his future-friend go to the Bridge.

Absolutely Yes!
I have to have animals in my life, it is a deep and intrinsic need that I seem to have been born with ... it has never faded and I've never questioned it... even if others who know me have. For me , their presence and company makes my very existence complete.
To commit to any relationship, whether it be animal or human Will involve heartbreak, and it's hard!
But the pure joy and love that I feel when I'm with my buns, and the magic that they share with me every moment is priceless, it cannot be compared. And the fear that I feel about losing them or them being hurt or ill cannot be compared either.

Wow I could've written that myself! :lol: I feel exactly the same way. I always say it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all :)

Absolutely Yes!
I have to have animals in my life, it is a deep and intrinsic need that I seem to have been born with ... it has never faded and I've never questioned it... even if others who know me have. For me , their presence and company makes my very existence complete.To commit to any relationship, whether it be animal or human Will involve heartbreak, and it's hard!

Me too!!!!!! The are the very reason for me to feel complete.

to my absolute core, they are worth it. every thump, every nose wiggle, every whisker twitch, every bob of the tail and pooh on the carpet!!

Back