• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does every rabbit

Yes!! Or that's my conclusion.

Hector particularly does it with his forage box :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amy doesn't; but, when I've got her bowl of pellets and I'm about to place it in her cage, if I'm not moving fast enough she'll reach up and put her paws in it to get it down quicker. :lol:

Yes!! Or that's my conclusion.

Hector particularly does it with his forage box :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha! Louie has done it ever since he was a baby! I'm surprised he hasn't eaten his paws!

Amy doesn't; but, when I've got her bowl of pellets and I'm about to place it in her cage, if I'm not moving fast enough she'll reach up and put her paws in it to get it down quicker. :lol:

Awwwww!

Treacle also reaches up, puts her paws on my arm, and eats out of the bowl before I can put it down !

Every evening Noah runs to their food bowl (flexitub), puts his paws on the edge and tips the food all over him. The most entertaining version is when the bowl is filled with readigrass, as he turns from a pure white bunny into a green grassy monster :roll:

My Forest does... and he wrestles with me when I try to scatter feed the contents, and runs to take Fern's... he is very 'food driven'.
He's a greedy gentleman Bun :roll: My Ferni, on the other hand is nervous and not so bothered about food, and she doesn't come straight away, she's too busy checking for danger. I'm very protective of our Ferni.. cos Forest is such a 'gentleman' bully if you get my drift ( he thinks I'm too stoopid to notice )
So I've had to start saying 'No' when he grabs the food tray x

No, Boots doesn't. If I try feeding him anything in a bowl he picks it up in his mouth by the rim and flings it upside down :lol: then he gets frustrated because the pellets are stuck underneath and tries to dig at the bowl or push it around :roll: :lol: I've given up with the bowl and just use a treat ball for his pellets :lol:

Every evening Noah runs to their food bowl (flexitub), puts his paws on the edge and tips the food all over him. The most entertaining version is when the bowl is filled with readigrass, as he turns from a pure white bunny into a green grassy monster :roll:

My Tilly pig does the same!

I've often wondered if he does it because he is blind, maybe gives him a better idea of where his food is?

Just a thought!

My current buns are scatter fed so i don't know but I'm pretty sure my past rabbits that were fed in bowls did put their paws in or on the lip of their bowl!

The morning routine is that I come downstairs get the food out of the fridge and prepare it, then I go and have my shower. My theory is that by the time I've had my shower the chill would have gone off their 'herb salad.' By the time I've walked to the living room (approx 5 seconds) there is a frenzy of running through tunnels and Bob can clearly not wait for me to put the bowl on the floor so he has to reach up put his front paws on the edge of the bowl and push down.

Kizzy waits for it to be put on the floor but then must always position herself on the right, I had thought that maybe it was something to do with her eyesight and perhaps one eye had slightly strong sight than the other. However my mother-in-law explained it "My dear, females are always in the right."

My two don't own a food bowl! :shock: Pellets are fed in a treat ball or put in a paper bag of hay which they rip open and greens are scatter fed or hand fed if I want some love! :lol:

Neither of mine do, but Ralf will pick up his bowl to turn it round, which is obviously far easier than moving his body round the bowl! :roll:

Mine are all scatter fed and treatball fed so no bowls here. (Water bowls but they dont put paws on them, that I have seen anyway).

I've given up with the bowl and just use a treat ball for his pellets :lol:
Lopsy got too bored and started digging, although he much preferred to be bowl fed, I'm sure! So it's pellets in treatball and/or tubes (weather-dependent) and greens scattered.

Lopsy did put his paws in his water bowl a few times but never in his food bowl when he had one: I presume he was looking for the food in the water bowl!

THowever my mother-in-law explained it "My dear, females are always in the right."
I'll remember that one ;P

Back