• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question for those who board bunnies (hoping to set up in Cleveland)

I was just wondering, other than public liability, what other insurance, or licences you need, if any? I have been quoted £10 a month for public liability, and just wondered, if you dont mind me asking. What you guys pay?

An opportunity has come up for me to start earlier than I had initially planned, but id like to start off small initially, with one or 2 hutches and large runs, preferably attached if possible, and take it from there.

If there are a lot of costs/legal hoops to jump through, im just wondering if its worth it, as I dont want to take on too much to begin with.

Any advice on this sort of thing is much appreciated. I am aware about T&Cs that I should put in place, including those to help prevent outbreak of infectious diseases, Im soley interested in legal aspects, including licensing, if necessary.

PS Although Im not currently set up, I do have 1 6x3 hutch already available for friends/family for anyone in the area that might be interested. I have Snowflake and Rosie here on their holidays at the moment. :wave:

I also have negligence cover. Sounds awful and of course I wouldn't dream of ever being negligent to the bunnies in my care but I think it's sadly, a necessity.

Honestly, I love doing boarding but it really doesn't make much money, and is a big responsibility. Plan it out carefully, I spent years deciding whether I was ready to do it, whether my knowledge was enough etc, and I'm very glad I waited. It sounds all lovely and fluffy but I tell you when you're out at 4am doing the third check of the night on a bunny who isn't so fussed on eating, deciding on whether to make the call to go to emergency vets and cost the owner hundreds of pounds, you wonder why on earth you don't charge more :lol:

Back