• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Christmas Rabbit Toy Make Off Challenge

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
So we had the bunny treat bake off, now I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a rabbit toy make off? The idea being a challenge to see how many toys we could make within a set period. It would tie in nicely with the Rescue Secret Santa i.e. you could make toys as your gift, or you could make them for your local rescue or just for your own bunnies if that was a bit daunting. We could have some examples to make or you could get creative and come up with your own creations.

What do you think? Could you make some? Any ideas for toys?

It would be fun to set a target too with one of those little count down charts - how many toys do you think we could make between us?

Last year my bunnies had the toilet roll tubes wrapped lile crackers with some pellets inside, no glue and as long as you dont use glossy paper and you use the one that is just paper it's fine!
That's all I can think of, though :lol:

Last year my bunnies had the toilet roll tubes wrapped lile crackers with some pellets inside, no glue and as long as you dont use glossy paper and you use the one that is just paper it's fine!
That's all I can think of, though :lol:

I was going to say Christmas crackers from loo rolls tied with safe rabbit chewable stuff and hide treats or forage in

I was going to say Christmas crackers from loo rolls tied with safe rabbit chewable stuff and hide treats or forage in
I didnt use to ties and it stayed perfectly 'in place' if it was twisted enough, the bunnies loved tossing it too!
But wrapping it would challenge them even more and atleast then they'd be positively destroying stuff;) :lol:

Last year I made my bunnies their own Xmas trees :lol:

I put apple branches into a bucket full with hay and hung home made paper snowflakes and some rattan balls etc :thumb:

They loved it

Good idea .... I will ask if Spenser would like us to take part.

When I read the thread title I thought wow, just the thing for me ... then remembered that on RU rabbit toys don't me the knitted, felt, foam and pom-pom bunnies I am so fond of creating!

Good idea .... I will ask if Spenser would like us to take part.

When I read the thread title I thought wow, just the thing for me ... then remembered that on RU rabbit toys don't me the knitted, felt, foam and pom-pom bunnies I am so fond of creating!

Maybe we should get you to teach us how to knit bunnies for another fun activity ;)

pom-pom bunnies
Aw, it's been YEARS since I made one of those!

I'm going to dig out my sandpaper tonight to smooth the edges of the plastic tube I sawed up for a more winter-proof hay-tube toys: I might remember to post pictures! I'd quite like to take part but I'm pretty busy now, and late November is the start of my Christmas gifting-and-visiting season which doesn't finish until mid-January so I'll just follow from the sidelines and steal all your ideas! ;P

Back