• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Phoebe's a boy....

Just found out when going to get Phoebe spayed at the vets today that she is actually a boy.

I'm devastated :(

Can we keep calling him Phoebe? He's only just learned his name!!

You can call him whatever you like :D He is still the same Rabbit you obviously love, his gender should not make a difference. Might be a bit inconvenient if you obtained him (thinking he was a Doe) to bond with a Buck you already have, but it is perfectly possible to bond two Bucks as long as both are neutered :D

I think my OH is more upset than I am as he loved having his little girl lol

We do still love him the same, just lucky that we were waiting to have (her) spayed before we got a companion otherwise we would have ended up with two boys!!

I think a name change is on the cards, we've got it down to 2 and will make the final decision tonight :)

I think my OH is more upset than I am as he loved having his little girl lol

We do still love him the same, just lucky that we were waiting to have (her) spayed before we got a companion otherwise we would have ended up with two boys!!

I think a name change is on the cards, we've got it down to 2 and will make the final decision tonight :)

Bit if a shock then :lol: I'm sure bunny won't realy care or mind his name :lol:

Two boys are fine to bond I had 3 two brothers and their uncle they got on fine :thumb: and uncle bonded with the two brothers just fine they had never been separated :D

give your new girl bunny a boy's name ('steve', for example, 'phoebe and steve' has a ring to it) and then all will be well.

Or change the spelling? Like Feebie, or something! I hated that Lopsy was Flopsy, so he (or she as it was then: similar problem!) just got the F dropped in case he'd learned his name (he hadn't :roll:).

You could always change it to 'Freebie'!!!

When Frosty and Snowflake went to the vets (Frosty to be castrated and Snowflake as his bonded partner) I was amazed when Snowflake came home all groggy.

They were sold to me as two girls (local pet shop). Sexed by the vet as boy (F) and girl (S) and then Snowflake was castrated and Frosty wasnt. (He went back a week later to be done).

Hope you find a suitable name.

Snowflake is such a wuss and fortunately his name is ok for both genders. He is my little lovely x

He is now called Harley!

He won't stop licking his wound though. I don't want to use a collar as it will annoy him. Any tips? We need to sleep later!

He is now called Harley!

He won't stop licking his wound though. I don't want to use a collar as it will annoy him. Any tips? We need to sleep later!

Try distracting him by scatter feeding, or hiding treats in an egg box or something.

He was actually named after Phoebe from Friends lol but we decided on Harley ah well

The thing I'm most annoyed about is that the name Phoebe now has to be retired in our house, we can't call anything else that ever again :(

That and we're still not used to referring to him as a he yet, there have been a couple of slip ups...

Aww! Harley is a cute name.

Our cat Mia, was called Harry for 2 weeks until she visited the vet. We couldn't call her Harriet as that was my half sisters name.

When I was 10 we got a 4 week old kitten called holly "she" was a she until she was 4 months old and rolled over on "her" back and presented her boy bits for all to see. My grandma said "umm, I don't think your cat is a girl". I cried so much. He kept the name holly though, it had stuck by then.

How is Harley today?

He was great last night! He was all cuddly and all over us when we let him out for a run. We bought him a new bigger cage to say sorry for his trauma and he's a lot more content in there than his old one. Much better hay feeder on the cage as well - though he keeps jumping into it to feed! He took his medicine this morning like a champ as well! Makes a difference from yesterday when I had to use it as a salad dressing so he could eat it!

I think we're going to revert the name choice though as we keep calling him Phoebe!

He's now officially Phoebo, but both of us are calling him Feebs and always have done really so I think we're gonna stick with that!

Back