• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

having a complete nightmare

mushlett

Mama Doe
I have taken on a new rabbit, last night he had slightly runny poo so I took him to the vet this morning and he has been admitted, given antibiotics and fluids and being syringe fed. Tests are being done and he is staying in overnight.
He hasn't come into direct contact with Twinkle but I took her into the vet as well and they have given her baycox for today and tomorrow then to be repeated in 14 days time. Just in case it's cocci, Stars feacal smear so far isn't showing cocci but it's all to be preventive.
I feel so awful because I am worried sick about Star but I am even more worried that something might happen to Twinkle.
This is all such a disastrous mess I just want to cry.
The slightly good part is that p@h where he originally came from are paying all the bills even though it's past his guarantee.
To top off this bad week I failed my driving test yesterday.
I just want my bunnies to be happy and healthy :( Xx

Last edited:
Goodness, you're going through a lot! vibes for the bunnies (good about P@H) and hugs for you. Better luck next time for the driving test.

:cry: I really hope Star isn't suffering from anything serious, sending vibes to him.

Hope you pass your test next time :thumb:

Sending hugs xx

Poor bunnies, and poor you :( I hope Star is feeling better soon xx

(Almost everyone I know failed their driving test loads of times before finally passing it, so don't feel like you're a bad driver. It's so hard to drive under test conditions! I'm sure you'll get it next time :thumb:)

Thankyou everyone, I wasn't really too bothered about my driving test yesterday but now Star is ill and I've put Twinkle at risk I just feel useless and like I am a rubbish human. I am nearly 34 and don't drive and although I know I have not done anything to make Star ill and he has been in a lovely enclosure, I'm just tired and feeling like I am failing everyone and everybun xx

Thankyou everyone, I wasn't really too bothered about my driving test yesterday but now Star is ill and I've put Twinkle at risk I just feel useless and like I am a rubbish human. I am nearly 34 and don't drive and although I know I have not done anything to make Star ill and he has been in a lovely enclosure, I'm just tired and feeling like I am failing everyone and everybun xx

Totally sympathise. Two of my rabbits are in a damp shed. Two are indoors (family very fed up cos we need the space). Its hard to get it right sometimes... ps I am 54 and dont drive. Its a right pain in the proverbial at times. Hope Twinkle and Star are in great health very soon.

Totally sympathise. Two of my rabbits are in a damp shed. Two are indoors (family very fed up cos we need the space). Its hard to get it right sometimes... ps I am 54 and dont drive. Its a right pain in the proverbial at times. Hope Twinkle and Star are in great health very soon.

Thankyou, I am in a very similar position regarding space, Twinkle is booked in for her spay next week and we had planned to let her recover and then find a little lionhead in a rescue. Star was very unexpected and my husband feels that I backed him into a corner because if he had said no he would have been the bad guy. Because she couldn't go in with Twinkle I have had to block off half the kids playroom for him, we have lived in a caravan for most of this year due to flooding last Christmas and they have only just got used to having their own space to play and now I've taken it away and may be about to put my daughter through more heartbreak when she is still getting over losing Buttons, uggh I hope this all looks better in the morning xx

I am so tired this morning, I really hope I don't hear bad news from the vets :( poor little star what a traumatic, miserable little life he has had he really does deserve a chance for a happy life xx

Everything happens all at once for some reason I've found, which is :censored:

Sending loads of vibes for you and your bunnies xx

Back