• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The RU Newsletter

dumblepaws

Mama Doe
So I got a lovely email yesterday about current topics on RU and competitions etc - presume lots of you all received it too and thought it deserved a post of its own!

I know Wabbit Wednesday was a little controversial when it was first introduced, but I think there's been a real effort from #teamRU to get us all positively engaged with bunnies again and sharing stories and photos and experiences and advice, and also encouraging us to interact with our bunnies in different ways and try new toys, and keep them thinking and active and I'm loving it, and I think the newsletter was another really good manifestation of that, as it was easy to find the threads and contribute and see what's going on as sometimes things can get lost in the hundreds of threads that are ongoing at any time

So thank you Tamsin and everyone for keeping me thinking about bunnies and squeeing at the cute pictures and I love the newsletter!

I didn't get the newsletter. Is there a way I can get it?
I presume you need to be email contactable somehow, probably something to do with checkboxes? I imagine Tasmin knows!

I loved it, a great little surprise! I also want to say I think the Enrichment threads are at just the right time for those of us with outdoor bunnies, because we (well, I) feel obliged to definitely get out there and interact as much as posible with the buns in the few light, dry hours!

The email went straight into my junk folder, but as I check that regularly I saw it! :D

I really liked it :) I also really enjoy wabbit wednesdays, however I do not think it is necessary or productive to shut general chat, it worked perfectly yesterday, lots of people got involved, lots of rabbit photos and updates were lovely and I personally really enjoyed the bake off challenge! GC wasn't shut yesterday and the focus was still definitely on rabbits even more than usual on the forum so I personally think that there is no necessity to close it in future too. Wabbit Wednesdays are lots of fun :D

So I got a lovely email yesterday about current topics on RU and competitions etc - presume lots of you all received it too and thought it deserved a post of its own!

I know Wabbit Wednesday was a little controversial when it was first introduced, but I think there's been a real effort from #teamRU to get us all positively engaged with bunnies again and sharing stories and photos and experiences and advice, and also encouraging us to interact with our bunnies in different ways and try new toys, and keep them thinking and active and I'm loving it, and I think the newsletter was another really good manifestation of that, as it was easy to find the threads and contribute and see what's going on as sometimes things can get lost in the hundreds of threads that are ongoing at any time

So thank you Tamsin and everyone for keeping me thinking about bunnies and squeeing at the cute pictures and I love the newsletter!

what a lovely post, so glad you are enjoying the wabbit Wednesdays and interacting etc, its fun

I love wabbit wednesdays and the enrichment ideas as well. Going to check my email for a news letter now! Nope. Nothing ... how do you get them?

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it :) I'm loving the enrichment posts too, it's really good for ideas! I was so impressed by the bake off entries as well. I'm thinking maybe once a month for the Wabbit Wednesdays, we've got an idea for December which I think will be fun.

I'm still working out the kinks in the newsletter sending, so it was just a test batch. Obviously need to work on navigating the spam filters a bit more!

Here's an online copy for anyone that is curious: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sendy/w/K4uVV8cvU6Pc763mnfQrkgRA

Back