• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Redecorating the bunny room - Vet bed - yay or nay?

Britannia

Warren Scout
Mega bunny-proofing is under-way. We have a through lounge/dinning room and we are in the process of laying an engineered wood floor and the old wooden skirting boards are being ripped out and replaced with an aluminium skirting which has built in cable management. :love:

I was going to save the better bits of the carpet and put them down so the buns could still have a good run but frankly the old carpet doesn't have any good bits left and when the buns came in to check our progress both managed impressive binkies on the hard surface. :thumb:

So what should I do? They have a hideaway house but they never use it except to sit on the roof choosing instead to sleep under a foot stool. I hate the footstool with a firey passion, it now has little curtains like a mini four poster bed, I think it's hideous but the buns love it so it's going back in their bit of the room whether I like it or not :evil: Previously the foot stool was on carpet but now it'll be on the wood. I was thinking of putting a square of vet-bed under the stool to keep them cosy and warm but now I read that vetbet gold has something called "Permafresh," would this Permafresh be okay for sensitive bunnies? Any other suggestions?

I'm not familiar with vetbed gold but I do use traditional vetbed with my buns whom always look very comfortable on it :)

I've always found vet-bed is seen as the ideal place to pee, by my bunnies, so I'd put a tray under it...

Back