• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!

I have a male Netherland dwarf rabbit who I had rescued a few years ago from th SPCA they had just gotten him when I "rescued" him from the SPCA the lady who worked there was very unsure if he was fixed and had checked and said that she didnt think he was bc they had just gotten him. I had recently gotten a female bunny and kept them separated in two different rooms but my brother jad put them two in the same cage while we flea bombed the house and we left them outside for a little while. They had been bonding very well and made "bunny love". Besides going to the vet is there a way I can tell if she becomes pregnant or if he is fixed or not?

I have a male Netherland dwarf rabbit who I had rescued a few years ago from th SPCA they had just gotten him when I "rescued" him from the SPCA the lady who worked there was very unsure if he was fixed and had checked and said that she didnt think he was bc they had just gotten him. I had recently gotten a female bunny and kept them separated in two different rooms but my brother jad put them two in the same cage while we flea bombed the house and we left them outside for a little while. They had been bonding very well and made "bunny love". Besides going to the vet is there a way I can tell if she becomes pregnant or if he is fixed or not?

If he is over 12 weeks of age it should be pretty obvious if he is still entire-his scrotum will be large enough to see. If he is neutered the scrotum will be barely visible as the testes would have been removed and the scrotal sacs then gradually shrivel up.

If he is entire and if the Doe is not spayed then she is almost certainly pregnant now. Unless the Doe is still a Baby herself-ie aged under 16 weeks. I would take both Rabbits to a Vet to arrange neutering. There is the option of an 'emergency spay' for the Doe to prevent any possible pregnancy progressing.

If he is over 12 weeks of age it should be pretty obvious if he is still entire-his scrotum will be large enough to see. If he is neutered the scrotum will be barely visible as the testes would have been removed and the scrotal sacs then gradually shrivel up.

If he is entire and if the Doe is not spayed then she is almost certainly pregnant now. Unless the Doe is still a Baby herself-ie aged under 16 weeks. I would take both Rabbits to a Vet to arrange neutering. There is the option of an 'emergency spay' for the Doe to prevent any possible pregnancy progressing.
Ok thank. :)

Ok, 3 threads started today based around leaving bunnies together who aren't neutered, I'm not 100% sure these aren't all trolls. At least I hope they are! :(

Ok, 3 threads started today based around leaving bunnies together who aren't neutered, I'm not 100% sure these aren't all trolls. At least I hope they are! :(
I am prepared for taking care of babies if need be I do have the knowledge because I had previously researched how to take care of baby buns in books and online (i would be not giving them up or selling them) and normally we have two separate cages in two separate rooms and let them out at different times in different areas. When we had to flea bomb our house we put each cage outside (still separate) and my brother had put the cages together and opened up when no one was looking and by the timw I even knew it was too late.

Back