• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A bit worried and cross

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Had a call on Monday from someone who was concerned about several rabbits she had found out about .
I explained we were very busy but said I would try and sort space for at least some of them . (a mum and new born babies being priority )
I spent all Monday and Tuesday morning trying to sort spaces ...not easy as I was also working . :(

I then rang the person back ... 3 times but no one answered . I have also texted twice being very polite and saying please let me know if space is no longer needed ... still no reply . :(

Im worried about the bunnies ... but also cross that the person who contacted me hasn't been back in touch .

We have so many rabbits needing space ... and I have limited time I can spend of such stuff .. its realy wound me up

I have on occasion on here and elsewhere seen posts slating rescues for not not getting back to people ... I just wanted to let people know that sometimes (more often than you would think ) its the other way around .

please please please , if you contact a rescue for space , then no longer need it , then let the rescue know asap .

Its just common courtesy, its a shame so many lack it. I'm sorry you spent so much time organizing the spaces only to be let down. :(

We can only hope the bunnies are OK or they will get back in due course. xx

That is so annoying :evil: I really hope that they have sorted something acceptable out for those rabbits, they could at least have got back to you, as Sarah said, it's just common courtesy.

As for those posts slating rescues about not getting back to them, if I read them on here, I always post saying that the person running the rescue will more than likely be doing another full time job as well, and that they should try another way of getting in touch maybe. But, having adopted from BARC I can honestly say you always replied very quickly, often immediately :thumb:

It's surely just good manners to inform a Rescue if their help is no longer required. Sometimes it makes you wonder if people assume those who run Rescues can magic up spaces when needed. Every time a Rescue hold spaces for Rabbits alleged to be 'at risk' they are probably having to turn away numerous other Rabbits equally 'at risk'. If the person asking for help simply showed the Rescue the courtesy of informing them that Rescue space was no longer needed then other Rabbits could be helped.

Some people just seem incapable of seeing anything outside of their own little world.

How awful :( I just can't understand why people can't show some common decency and get back to you if situations change after they've asked for help, I really hope the little bunnies are all safe and that you at least get an apology at some point!

I hope the week gets better for you! You sound as though you've had a very busy week!

Back