• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lost rabbit that is impossible to catch. Help!

Vay

New Kit
Hey guys.

I have a rabbit problem and thought asking some rabbit savvy people might help. When I was walking back from work today my boyfriend and I spotted a rabbit and at closer inspection it appeared to be a domestic one. We spent an hour trying to catch it to no avail before it ran off. Called the RSPCA but they're not interested unless it's actually caught. Speaking to some other people at the time it sounds like the rabbit has been living in the area wild for the last few days.

Unfortunately this area is by a main busy road so we are very worried for it's safety but we literally tried everything in trying to catch it.

I live in Cardiff if that's any help.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do? I feel like even if an owner does come forward they're not going to be able to catch it either!

Where in Cardiff are you?

The worst thing you can do is try and chase it to catch it, this will scare the bun.
If there's someone in the area who has rabbits, or a rescue, it may be worth trying to entice it with some treats into a safe garden or something although this may take some time.
Is there a rescue close to you who could lend a hand?
You could set up some sort of humane trap like a plastic box/tub held up with a stick, hide food in there and wait :lol:
The only way trying to catch it will work is if you kind of usher it into a corner or a garden, and find something to trap it under or usher it into.

Back