• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WW Poll Favourite Hay

Which hay is your bunnies favourite?

• Meadow

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Orchard

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Timothy

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Oat Grass

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Rye

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Readigrass

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Alfalfa

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Hay with Herbs

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Fresh Grass

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
I thought it might be interesting to see if there was an agreement between bunnies on favourite hays, so here is a poll to pick the varieties (I hope I got them all) and add any comments/recs below.

I find it that the favourite at any one time varies an awful lot between batches. Most of the bunnies here will happily dive into whichever hay they are given at the moment, I tend to just mix it up a bit to add variety and keep them stimulated. The Ings hay from Hay for pets is always a firm favourite; over the years I would say that oat hay has been the most universal hit, even persuading non-hay enthusiasts to have a munch.

My bun prefers Alfalfa king oat, wheat & barley hay. He used to eat other types until I bought him this as a treat. It keeps him busy though as he likes to dig for all the seed heads that drop off into his straw. I also give him Timothy hay & Oxbow orchard grass with dried herbs mixed in.

Mine definately prefer fresh grass to hay. They havent tried all varieties though.

Those timothy hay blox go down well esp now that I havent been able to get fresh grass.

It really does seem to depend on the batch of hay... generally mine really like the hay/herb mixes and the local meadow hay we get ( in short supply now tho )
Everything else tends to get swept into corners ( very energetically by my girl Ferni Bun ) or slept on.

Fresh grass a winner :thumb:

I voted Alfalfa as that is Julie's favorite right now. Use to be orchard and at one time Timothy and at another time it was oat hay.

I voted other because my two love Ings hay from Hay 4 Pets. They have that all the time, and then I mix it up with different hays to add a bit of variety

Back