• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Enrichment Scavenger Hunt - Week 5

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
Time for Week 5 of the Enrichment Scavenger hunt!

To recap, I post a task and you have to find an item that matches it and take a picture of your bunny investigating or playing with it (or completely ignoring it whilst napping). It must be something new, not something your bunny already has.

Week 5: This week I'd like you to find something different for your bunnies tootsies to try out. Think about what they have on the floor at the moment e.g. tile, carpet, grass and then pick something different. It can just be a small area, mat or a tray. Then post a picture of your bunny trying it out.

Previous Weeks
Week 1 Outside Object | Week 2 Boxes | Week 3 Stretching | Week 4 Working Brains

I'm still catching up on these, not sure what I will do for this one. maybe a dirt digging box if it stays dry for long enough...

I can do this one! Am a little behind - I struggle to post photos from my phone but don't often use actual computer so sorry for delay/general lack of photos
But here goes - Waffles and Dumblepaws investigating flooring:

B2UNkj8IUAASGPd.jpg:large

This has just reminded me: Matt went to throw something in the wheelie bin last night and heard something quite like the sound of a rabbit falling off something. Needless to say, Lopsy was fine: just investigating in case Matt was bringing food and was surprised so had to go superfast into action as Matt didn't put any lights on. He was probably sat on top of his plastic orange box and tried to run off too fast (it is quite funny when he does it, legs everywhere), so he's not a fan of slippery surfaces! I might try him with the roll of carpet I use to external-insulate his hutch.

I can do this one! Am a little behind - I struggle to post photos from my phone but don't often use actual computer so sorry for delay/general lack of photos
But here goes - Waffles and Dumblepaws investigating flooring:

Lots of different one, did you find they have a preference?

Lots of different one, did you find they have a preference?

They're very adaptable bunnies so were happy with all of them.
Well.... other than throwing the wicker mat down the stairs of the cat house, so maybe not that, but i think that's not 'cos their paws are uncomfortable on it, but just 'cos they're pesky varmints.

I've got my idea... just got to get it set and photographed... hope it dries up a bit so I can do it outside, they get a bit bothered if I act 'weird' in their shed :roll:

Last edited:
I thought this would be an easier one ... do you need some hints?

I've been juggling spays this week so the buns have been in indoor cages keeping their wounds nice and clean and I haven't had time to scavenge...maybe next week when everybun is more back to normal!

I cant take pics (wont go onto my computer as it doesnt recognise my phone or tablet any more). But Mottle and Peaches are indoors with a slate floor. I gave them an insulated large piece of wood, some hay filled litter trays and left some floor blank. The like all of the surfaces and were lying on the tiles this morning.

Mine are used to grass, concrete, vinyl and blankets in their playhouse and garden but also to laminate and carpet when they come in the house in summer, so I really struggled to think of something they weren't used to.
I wasn't sure if it was a bit mean but the only thing I could see to hand they wouldn't be used to was bubble wrap! I took it outside at which point Rosie took one look and fled :oops:

Fiver on the other hand wasn't bothered in the slightest,

imagejpg1_zpsb1c8751b.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, going to be a little late on this one, blossom is off at aunties on a date and won't be back until Wednesday afternoon with her new bunfriend Bluebell, more of which later, so will try something on her return, would hate for her to miss out as she has made it in to all of the others so hope a late entry is OK.

I did this with Lopsy on Saturday: I put a roll of carpet in his run. He seemed interested in looking over it, but not so interested in running down it. Front paws only! Have got photos but they're not very interesting or good so I'm not going to post them.

Lol, it's okay is he doesn't want to play ball. You still made his brain work a bit and that's the goal of enrichment. It's fine if they decide they don't like it.

I wasn't sure if it was a bit mean but the only thing I could see to hand they wouldn't be used to was bubble wrap!

Top marks for imagination, I wouldn't have thought of that but why not, it's definitely a different feeling surface.

Forest and Fern's ( new area of Floor ) Adventure ( Pic Heavy... sorry !!! )

Hi, so the story goes....
Having moved The Buns 2 months ago to a concreted yard at the side of the house, I'm trying to extend their area so they can have access to their grass run on the lawn again. As always I like to get them involved....
So, i got a couple of reed & willow rolls out of storage to create a temporary barrier so I could do some DIY on the front of their shed.... Ferni was having a confident day cos she went first at everything :D

After setting up the temporary barriers to the front... which they've never been allowed access to since moving, Ferni came to see the new bit of floor...fast...

"Mummeh... are you sure it's okay? you've moved the goal posts...

She was very very brave.. my super darling...

Then she ran home, fast, I think she must have realized she was on her own out there...

Then Big Boy Forest must have noticed something was going on, after he'd searched for and scoffed anything edible in Ferni's absence... Ferni had gone out again by herself by then,after a few croonings from Mummeh... (Mummeh hadn't moved )

"Ooh Mummeh... wow... I havn't seen this side of our shed door before ...

Followed by more explorings....

And a run towards home...

This is the area I'm trying to Bunny Proof, so they can have new floor accessable via their yard, when I'm with them during free range time.

Last edited:
Ok, going to be a little late on this one, blossom is off at aunties on a date and won't be back until Wednesday afternoon with her new bunfriend Bluebell, more of which later, so will try something on her return, would hate for her to miss out as she has made it in to all of the others so hope a late entry is OK.

Aww... yes.. we need Blossom with us ... so happy she's got a new husbun :wave: Oh Yeah!!! :love:

That's ok, just add pictures when you have the bunnies/computers required to make that possible :lol:

Back