• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Preloved ads vs charities

catxx

Mama Doe
I post Rabbit Residence bunnies on Preloved for the rescue (also Gumtree and Pets4Homes). Just got very depressed on Preloved, out of 3,029 rabbits for sale adverts...only 37 of those are from registered charity accounts. The rest are breeders and "oh I don't want it anymore's as the kids got bored". :(

Any charities reading this, get yourself a charity Preloved account! We have had more responses for potential adoptees back from Preloved as we have had from Gumtree or Pets4Homes.

With Preloved I had to set up a Rabbit Residence charity account (also set up a "business" account on Gumtree also), they needed charity number and all that jazz. Not sure it's something that can be blended with Rabbit Rehome, unfortunately!! But it takes minimal maintenance once set up, if you wanted to volunteer for whichever good bunny rescue is nearest to you to maintain a listing for them that would work?

Pets4Homes might be more flexible and compatible with Rabbit Rehome though, worth a message! They were banging on about being all pro-rescue and pro-adoption last I spoke to them. Not that we get much back from our Pets4Homes ads compared to Preloved though.

Back