• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Paint won't stick to one side of my Playhouse - Any Tips?

I think if you buy a wood primer, that'll provide a base layer for paint to stick to.

Good luck
Fee x

Sand it down before you try anything else? Wood preserver only works if it's preserving the wood, not the other finish! PVA glue is good but I'm not sure about external applications (as PVA glue tends to re-liquify on contact with water). Or, if you've only just applied the preservative mentioned, you might need to leave it to soak in a bit more (says 1-5 DAYS n the tin :S).

Sand it down before you try anything else? Wood preserver only works if it's preserving the wood, not the other finish! PVA glue is good but I'm not sure about external applications (as PVA glue tends to re-liquify on contact with water). Or, if you've only just applied the preservative mentioned, you might need to leave it to soak in a bit more (says 1-5 DAYS n the tin :S).

Thank you!

Did the Fence Preservative have wax in it?

If it does then the wax repels water so that be a reason why it won't stick.

Did the Fence Preservative have wax in it?
I've got the same stuff and I don't think it does, but anything on there beforehand may have had :) This stuff is designed to be painted over, but it does need time to soak in. It's quite oily, a bit like white spirit IMO! But I've found it's now unnoticeable on the bits I've done, though I haven't tried painting over it yet.

Back