• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh Rosie what have you started UD P16

Mrsmcarey

Mama Doe
So I was showing pics of Rosie at work and also the new IP camera of what she was doing and one of the lads says he has a rabbit same old story got it for the kids who now don't bother with her and she is stuck in the hutch outside and he is fed up with cleaning her out :roll: can I take her :shock:

She is a REW nethie I think 2 years old un spayed :roll: he is going to take some pics and let me see

I said if he gets her spayed I might enable to take her, he basically said no problems consider it done :shock:

Now I have to convince Hubby that Rosie would love a little sister :shock:

Last edited:
Better be careful showing pictures or you might end up with a house full. You have a big heart and any rabbit is lucky to live with you.

Oh dear :shock: Good thing you have two slippers, just in case Rosie won't share! :lol:
Will be eagerly watching this space. :)

Better be careful showing pictures or you might end up with a house full. You have a big heart and any rabbit is lucky to live with you.

Husband says we were only supposed to have one :oops: ended up,with 3 :D when Dumplin got poorly "teeth and abscess" I was already looking at Rosie and we decided after he had died that 3 was a good number, so,I'm pushing it a bit for 4 :lol: but I have room for about 10 with the setup I have :oops::lol:

Oh dear :shock: Good thing you have two slippers, just in case Rosie won't share! :lol:
Will be eagerly watching this space. :)

Rosie has had another go at my slippers tonight this time on my feet :shock: and she doesn't like me sitting in front of the setee as she likes to get behind me and just to sit there :lol: she is in bed now we'll sort of she is happily killing toilet rolls and a plastic take a way tub that her veggies were in when she came :D I don't know why but she hates that tub with a passion :lol:

Husband says we were only supposed to have one :oops: ended up,with 3 :D when Dumplin got poorly "teeth and abscess" I was already looking at Rosie and we decided after he had died that 3 was a good number, so,I'm pushing it a bit for 4 :lol: but I have room for about 10 with the setup I have :oops::lol:

Rosie has had another go at my slippers tonight this time on my feet :shock: and she doesn't like me sitting in front of the setee as she likes to get behind me and just to sit there :lol: she is in bed now we'll sort of she is happily killing toilet rolls and a plastic take a way tub that her veggies were in when she came :D I don't know why but she hates that tub with a passion :lol:
:lol::lol:
3 was my good number...
4 was my good number...
5 is my current good number...

The takeaway tub? "It smells like veggies, it tastes a lickle bit like veggies, where's da veggies? WOSIE WANTS DA VEGGIES"

3 was my good number...
4 was my good number...

The takeaway tub? "It smells like veggies, it tastes a lickle bit like veggies, where's da veggies? WOSIE WANTS DA VEGGIES"

Aww bless! :love: one more wont hurt hey;)

I had Slipper & decided he needed a friend. Didn't tell IH. He came home to find a new setup :oops::lol: I then fell in love with a pair & decided three would be good. Then I found Badger & Blueberry & decided Slipper wasn't going to be allowed anywhere near them. So along came Blackavar & we had four!

I felt guilty at not rescuing a bunny from a rescue centre so I kept looking for another one. Fell in love with one & wanted one just like him and found my baby girls. Six! Then Badger died & Blackavar needed a friend so Cherry arrived. OH has solidly put his foot down, no more!!!! :lol:

3 was my good number...
4 was my good number...

I put the veggies in and she throws them out ignores them and still kills the tub :lol:

This time last year I had one house rabbit, I now have four! Four is a nice even number lol! Having said that, there's always room for a little'n!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two was a good number, then four, then six then ... 'ooo belgian hares in rescue' so eight it is!

Has Rosie been informed of the possibility of a little sister? A rew nethie would be delightful. Keep us posted!

Any news on this little one today?

What would your plan be for living arrangements? Would you attempt a quad?

I would be very surprised if Rosie bonded with a female especially a nethie.
She hated Poppy who was with us until last year and she was very stroppy when her cousin Daisy came to stay last summer :/

But she was a different bun with Barry (poppy's husbun) and then of course with bobby. Curiosity gets the better of her with boys but she gets very territorial around girl buns. Sorry I dont mean to burst your bubble. I'm not even sure what you are planning but just wanted to let you know what she was like with previous girl buns she has crossed paths with xx

I would be very surprised if Rosie bonded with a female especially a nethie.
She hated Poppy who was with us until last year and she was very stroppy when her cousin Daisy came to stay last summer :/

But she was a different bun with Barry (poppy's husbun) and then of course with bobby. Curiosity gets the better of her with boys but she gets very territorial around girl buns. Sorry I dont mean to burst your bubble. I'm not even sure what you are planning but just wanted to let you know what she was like with previous girl buns she has crossed paths with xx

Thanks for the heads up :D Hubby has already said 3 is the limit but I'm a rebel ;) and no man will tell me :oops: if it all goes horribly wrong Im in trouble :?

Hoping fingers crossed that 'Fluffy' so I imaginative is a nice quiet nethie :lol: and that Rosie will accept, well they say it's a she I'm not sure she has visited a vet ever from the conversation I have had today :oops:, but he says she will,have a full MOT when she is spayed so will know for sure :)

Any news on this little one today?

What would your plan be for living arrangements? Would you attempt a quad?

It can only work as a quad as I can't half the summer house, would give 2 the two hutches and run and 2 the summer house and new run just don't want to end up with a three and a single if Rosie doesn't accept fluffy then I'm pretty much doomed :(

It's going to be at least 8 weeks before I take on fluffy as he is going away so will keep this updated :shock:

Wish us luck :thumb:

Thanks for the heads up :D Hubby has already said 3 is the limit but I'm a rebel ;) and no man will tell me :oops: if it all goes horribly wrong Im in trouble :?

Hoping fingers crossed that 'Fluffy' so I imaginative is a nice quiet nethie :lol: and that Rosie will accept, well they say it's a she I'm not sure she has visited a vet ever from the conversation I have had today :oops:, but he says she will,have a full MOT when she is spayed so will know for sure :)

It can only work as a quad as I can't half the summer house, would give 2 the two hutches and run and 2 the summer house and new run just don't want to end up with a three and a single if Rosie doesn't accept fluffy then I'm pretty much doomed :(

It's going to be at least 8 weeks before I take on fluffy as he is going away so will keep this updated :shock:

Wish us luck :thumb:

A quad would be lovely, so hopefully Rosie will accept Fluffy.
There are a few possible outcomes so I guess you need to have a plan for all of them!
Eek 8 weeks? that's a long time :lol:

Hope it all works out for you, looking forward to seeing fluffy :D

A quad would be lovely, so hopefully Rosie will accept Fluffy.
There are a few possible outcomes so I guess you need to have a plan for all of them!
Eek 8 weeks? that's a long time :lol:

Hope it all works out for you, looking forward to seeing fluffy :D

2 weeks to spay and 6 weeks for hormone to die down then the fun will start :shock:

2 weeks to spay and 6 weeks for hormone to die down then the fun will start :shock:
Ahh I see!
Got a lot to sort out before too I guess! Are you going to bond them all at the same time or try bonding one of the girls to the boys and then the other? (Don't even know if that's possible :lol: )

I'm having enough trouble trying to get Daisy and Freddie to tolerate each other, let alone 4 :shock:

Ahh I see!
Got a lot to sort out before too I guess! Are you going to bond them all at the same time or try bonding one of the girls to the boys and then the other? (Don't even know if that's possible :lol: )

I'm having enough trouble trying to get Daisy and Freddie to tolerate each other, let alone 4 :shock:

Was going to try 'miss Feisty pants' :lol: with the new girl then do a pair to pair in spring so the girls would be inside under the stairs till then :thumb: with free run on the living room whilst I'm in :D

Miss Feisty Pants aka Rosie is finally showing her true colours :roll: she pulls my clothes I'm sure looking for skin underneath, asks for head rubs then backs away :roll: keeps picking on poor Cleo (9 yr old cat) and well Jessy is enjoying the challenge but I think Rosie is boss :lol:

She keeps jumping at my hand but as I'm brave or stupid I have stoped jumping the she doesn't know what to do and sits there with her nose on my hand but if I move runs :lol: so I win there :lol:

Back