• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not scared of fireworks

Kirotea

Mama Doe
Millie and Maddie haven't been the least bit bothered by the fireworks outside but freak out when I hiccup :roll:

There's some fireworks right outside which have been making me jump but they haven't even stopped eating!

yes, I have to say that out of the 4 of us.. me, my pussycat and the 2 buns... my Buns have definitely been the least phased! It's crazy cos I thought it would be the opposite way around .. they are outside, living in their shed , which I have made quite 'burrow like' for the duration. When I go in they are bipping around happy as larrys , for the last few days i've been trying to do the eve check before it all kicks off, but they just aren't that bothered... I thin k it Must have something to do with the warren / dark nest / cosy hay, etc thing.. wish I could live in there toooo!!!
Sat with my neurotic pussycat at mo :roll:

Last edited:
Bunnies fine, just rescued my pusscat from under the airer, he's on my lap now :) damn fireworks :evil:

Damn fireworks! I agree.. they are still going off and it's getting tedious and boring now ...
it's like the little :censored: are competing for the final rocket bang ' on their turf '..
oooff! Grow up! :evil:

If Alfie was not so responsive to the shake of pellets, I'd genuinely think he was deaf! He doesn't care at all about fireworks, nor drilling/hammering etc next door. He does flinch if I move my bum along the sofa slightly, or click my mouse key when the tv is muted :roll

The cats, however...I don't see one of them for a long time, and the other is desperate to come in!

I love feeling like I can leave him - I went to a display today and it was lovely having that freedom and not worrying about him.

I always think they're going to be scared of things that they aren't. I rushed home from tea at my mum's on Wednesday evening before my town's big fireworks display as it's always really loud and they couldn't have cared less. Made me feel stupid for worrying!

ETA: I only got them in January so we've not had fireworks yet so I wasn't sure how they'd react.

Last edited:
It makes me laugh, mine are frightened to death when I sneeze but happily munch away on hay throughout the fireworks. :lol:

Amy was a bit upset for a couple of days, but was fine after some snuggles, and now is hardly bothered by it. She'll freeze a mo if she can hear them when the TV's muted (can't stand adverts), but no worse than the doorbell or any other slightly startling noise.

Boba (the hamster) just sleeps.

Oh dear :oops: so you still didn't get Casserole and that either can have a Dumplin in it :lol:

My Hubby named then all he used to be a veggie too :oops:

My brother's called Stuart but I was thinking usually people pick human names for their pets or cutesy names and I was thinking it odd you had both and then I realised. I'm not usually this slow :lol:

Back