• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Buns but Boy has penis problem

Kipper

Mama Doe
As the title says I'm bonding my 2buns Daisy & Bonbon. Things have been going great until I Bonbon jumped into the tray to wee. He jumped out as if he'd been bitten, gave me quite a fright. I checked him underneath & his penis is sticking out & looks red raw. He's now very sorry for himself, it's not like he's even been humping a lot, my other buns were hump maniacs during bonding. I've given him metacam, due to him suffering from Nasal Fungal disease he's been on a daily dose of metacam & Marbocyl. Is there anything else I can do for him? :?

Last edited:
I didnt want to read and run.. Perhaps someone can help. It may need vet treatment if its a ptotantial bite wound...

Will let someone more knowledgeable respond

Good luck
Fee x

this does happen at times during bonding ... i have ky jelly in my bunny first aid box for this siyuation .

its very important that the penis is kept moist . it needs to retract back inside . Get dome ky jelly and dab it on ... then *gently* try to ease the penis back ... it may take a few attempts .. perhaps 5 or 10 mins apart . keep adding more ky .

if it doesn't go back you will need a vet as if the tissue starts to dry and die off it can be serious .

we have always managed using the above method . good luck

Rung the vet & they suggested a cold wet flannel & it's worked :) but I will ring them again if I need to. He's now back to humping. Any idea how I can stop him other than parsley?

Rung the vet & they suggested a cold wet flannel & it's worked :) but I will ring them again if I need to. He's now back to humping. Any idea how I can stop him other than parsley?

good glad its worked ...but if still humping it will happen again .

i would split them and put side by side and start again once his penis isn't swollen

Sorry been trying to post a reply but iPad is running very slow & then I lost internet connection. Thanks for your replies, the KY jelly is a hood idea but can you imagine the pharmacists face if I golf them what I wanted it for lol

Humping has stopped I put mashed banana on his head which Daisy happily washed off so they're lying happily side by side now. I will check his parts again soon, don't want any permanent damage

Back