• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think Priss is going into stasis :( U/D Doing much better

Lucy-Lou

Mama Doe
Her poos are hard and absolutely tiny, she's sat all hunched over in the corner. She wouldn't come for her treat :(

I've never had any problems with her tummy before, she's such a good hay eater.

Managed to get a vets appointment for 3.30 so hope she is okay until then :(

Last edited:
Poor girl :cry: I hope she feels better soon. Have you got her indoors whilst you wait to take her to the Vet?. Keeping her warm is important as poorly Rabbits cannot regulate their body temperature well and hypothermia can become an issue.

Thanks Jane, yes Priss lives indoors anyway. I'm sure it's the noise from the fireworks that's set her off, she's been so skittish the last couple of days :( Even though we're indoors the bangs are so loud you can hear them going on with the windows closed :evil:

Thanks Jane, yes Priss lives indoors anyway. I'm sure it's the noise from the fireworks that's set her off, she's been so skittish the last couple of days :( Even though we're indoors the bangs are so loud you can hear them going on with the windows closed :evil:

I really wish Fireworks were banned. It amazes me how many people seem to be able to afford to burn money. Fireworks cause so much distress to both domestic Pets and wildlife :cry:

Oh no I really hope the vets can sort Priss out quickly. Stasis is so stressful.

I really wish Fireworks were banned. It amazes me how many people seem to be able to afford to burn money. Fireworks cause so much distress to both domestic Pets and wildlife :cry:

I've just posted a link to a petition to ban the sale of fireworks to the general public :wave:

Thanks all :)

She's home now and sat in her little pink house. We had to go to a vets I've never been to before as my usual one was closed, I was nervous they wouldn't know how to treat rabbits but the vet seemed okay and asked all the right questions about her diet and her pooping etc. and gave her gut stimulant and painkiller.

He couldn't hear any movement in her tummy, said it felt solid :( She has had some apple and some fresh grass since coming home so that's good, she'll go back tomorrow morning to be checked again.

There's 2 more big firework displays in my area tonight, am dreading it, hope the noise doesn't set her back :(

She's home now and sat in her little pink house. We had to go to a vets I've never been to before as my usual one was closed, I was nervous they wouldn't know how to treat rabbits but the vet seemed okay and asked all the right questions about her diet and her pooping etc. and gave her gut stimulant and painkiller.

He couldn't hear any movement in her tummy, said it felt solid :( She has had some apple and some fresh grass since coming home so that's good, she'll go back tomorrow morning to be checked again.

There's 2 more big firework displays in my area tonight, am dreading it, hope the noise doesn't set her back :(
Is she in a room with a tv/radio?
If not could you put one in there at all?
I've had my windows firmly closed and tv on, can still hear the fireworks but not as loud.
None of mine seem phased though :/

Hope she continues to improve!

Is she in a room with a tv/radio?
If not could you put one in there at all?
I've had my windows firmly closed and tv on, can still hear the fireworks but not as loud.
None of mine seem phased though :/

Hope she continues to improve!

That's a good idea, I'll move a radio in and put it on a high shelf so Barney doesn't chew it!

I'm supposed to be going to the bonfire at my local pub tonight but looks like I'm bunny sitting instead :roll:

Priscilla is doing much better today and has started eating her hay again, she's still very nervous so I'm trying not to disturb her too much and let her just get on with things herself.

Back