• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Nipping at my clothes.....

dasiychain

Young Bun
My spayed, year old female rabbit Lucy, is nipping me! Everytime I sit on the floor she runs over nudges me delicately then nudges the other side then goes back to where she initially nudged me then nips. So if I was sat on my knees she would nudge both knees then nip? I'm not in her way or anything it just seems to be, it's not even aggressive, I'm scared now that everytime she's near she's gonna nip me lol

Does anyone know why?? Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lilly does this, normally it means "pay me attention" "play with me!" "you're acting weird, start acting more like a rabbit!" and occasionally it seems to be "the floor is MY area, get off of it NOW!!!!" :lol:

Usually I give her nose rubs and that is exactly what she wanted, other times I play with her and if that's still not working I get her some herbs or a treat and that usually calms her! If she's still nipping me after that and still doesn't want head rubs I know she is just literally annoyed that I am sitting on her floor and I have to get on the sofa :lol:

It's weird cos I stroke her and she runs away? Sometimes she does let me, then she realises what she's doing then runs away again? But she keeps nosing me! My shoes, legs arms back. Anywhere she can touch me , even when I'm stood up!
b7467c85d96a81b7f428a9daab3b3815.jpg

It's weird cos I stroke her and she runs away? Sometimes she does let me, then she realises what she's doing then runs away again? But she keeps nosing me! My shoes, legs arms back. Anywhere she can touch me , even when I'm stood up!

Aww Lucy's a very pretty girl :love:

They are contrary little things aren't they? Priscilla does this too, I think it's that she wants to be stroked and petted but at the same time doesn't want someone touching her :roll:

I'd love to know what goes on in a bunny's mind :lol:

Chloe does this, nips me because i'm in her way. I can't wear any nice clothes when I'm with her because she tears them apart :lol: She also runs away when I stroke her unless she is lying down, then she can't help but enjoy the fuss!

Yep! She just non stops nudging and nipping yet she won't let me fuss her lol! But occasionally she runs to biscuit my other rabbit and buries her head in his side and lets me stroke her till she grinds her teeth.

Millie nudges me all the time even though she doesn't like fuss. She nudges me, I try to stroke her, she runs away and then 2 minutes later we do it all again! :roll: She sometimes digs at my feet too. I think she does it because she likes the attention she gets given even though she pretends she doesn't. Bunnies are very confusing. Maddie nips me if she decides I'm in the way but she does it lightly on clothed areas, I'm not quite sure how she knows the difference but she does, she'll nip my ankle for example if I'm wearing trousers but if I'm in shorts she'll just shove me! She's a bossy madam.

Last edited:
I love Lucy :) just want anyone to know who sees the picture that is a small rabbit hutch in the background but it's just something to play on in their bunny room lol

..... Even thou I do wish I had that 'pub carpet' in the house

my first bunny used to bite my ankles and i soon figured out that he wanted to play chase, which is odd as i didn't think buns would like to be chased. but he loved it :)

Well I thought she wanted to play chase so I tried but then she just ran and hid and didn't come out, where as biscuit occasionally does and even binks when I chase him but she nips and runs lol

Back