• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have a question about vets!

Abbiebutler

Young Bun
I'm new here and joined because I was wondering if anyone can help me!
We are currently looking into spaying for our female bunnies to reduce the risk of any cancers. My main concern at the moment is finding a great vet to do this for us!

Two vets near us are Thompsons vets and Vets4pets. but am unsure of using either of these.

I live in Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire. So my question is, does anyone know of a good vets around me which is experienced and successful is female rabbit spaying? Or know a way of which I can find a trusted vet.

I thank anyone in advance :)

Welcome! :wave:

It would be best if you renamed your thread "Vet needed in Nottinghamshire" or something similar. This will catch people's eye more. You do this by clicking "edit" on your post and changing the title.

There are some things you can ask a vet/vet practice to see if they are good with bunnies. You can ask if there is a vet with a special interest in rabbits. If the receptionist doesn't know, ask them to find out for you. If the receptionist says the vets are all good with rabbits it usually means that none have a special interest so I (personally) would not go to that vet. If a vet has a special interest in bunnies it means they have usually done further research/education into bunnies.

Back