• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freddie, Maizie & Daisy...

tashp90

Warren Veteran
Daisy isn't a fan of Freddie.
Maizie is kind of warming to him :lol:
Here's a picture:
99b162ebd99df9cdda967011f17f9a76.jpg

And a chilled out Freddie:
dd6937a1cbb666852f0939cfaac12058.jpg

Awh cuties! I really hope they behave when you start bonding! Hopefully all this living next to each other will get them settled and calmer for when bonding starts!

Awh cuties! I really hope they behave when you start bonding! Hopefully all this living next to each other will get them settled and calmer for when bonding starts!
Daisy still has her moments with him. I'm not leaving him next to them over night because I don't trust her :roll:
When I first bring him in she plays up, she then calms down for a few hours and will sometimes play up again but she's not as bad as she was. I've got a crate to bond them in and im going to put that in my bedroom.

Maizie will lie next to the bars with him, Daisy prefers to be on the other side of the room :lol:

I think Maizie is in love! :lol: Maybe Daisy is just a bit jealous?! Sounds like she could be a bit of a feisty bunny when bonding, so all this getting used to each others' smells must be beneficial towards making a smoother bond!

I think Maizie is in love! :lol: Maybe Daisy is just a bit jealous?! Sounds like she could be a bit of a feisty bunny when bonding, so all this getting used to each others' smells must be beneficial towards making a smoother bond!
Maizie is generally the calmer of the 2. When I tried bonding with Marble Maizie was more chilled than Daisy.
Even when I move Freddie at night he's still next to them, there's just a more secure barrier between them :lol: so im hoping the smells are becoming normal, I just have to be brave and take the plunge to put them together :oops:

I think that's how I ended up with an accidental quad. My boys had always lived next to each other as I didn't know about referred aggression then and so they had grown up together, seeing & smelling each other so I think when they were all put in the kitchen that time, they just got on like they'd always been together. Which they had really :oops::lol:

I take it Daisy is your little diva bun in that pair! And Marble in the other? What is it with pairs/groups of bunnies that you always seem to get one feisty one and one scaredy cat?

I think that's how I ended up with an accidental quad. My boys had always lived next to each other as I didn't know about referred aggression then and so they had grown up together, seeing & smelling each other so I think when they were all put in the kitchen that time, they just got on like they'd always been together. Which they had really :oops::lol:

I take it Daisy is your little diva bun in that pair! And Marble in the other? What is it with pairs/groups of bunnies that you always seem to get one feisty one and one scaredy cat?
I'm just hoping it will make for an easy bond!!

Daisy id a scaredy cat too though! She is the more nervous of new sounds, foods, smells etc and the last one to explore etc but she's feisty.
They're a weird pair :roll:

Marble is definitely a diva. Through and through :lol::lol:

I'm just hoping it will make for an easy bond!!

Daisy id a scaredy cat too though! She is the more nervous of new sounds, foods, smells etc and the last one to explore etc but she's feisty.
They're a weird pair :roll:

Marble is definitely a diva. Through and through :lol::lol:

How strange. With my (limited) experience of multiple bunnies, I've found one to be the outgoing, nosy, adventurous one (Blueberry, Slipper, Blackavar & Lady Katherine) and the other to be scared, nervous & timid (Cherry, Badger & Jacquetta). I've certainly found it harder to build a bond with Jacquetta & Cherry as they seem to be rabbit rabbits and not as bothered by human company so I leave them alone unless necessary, hence why you tend to hear less about them. Certainly with larger than life characters like Slipper & Lady Katherine, they certainly keep you on your toes!

How strange. With my (limited) experience of multiple bunnies, I've found one to be the outgoing, nosy, adventurous one (Blueberry, Slipper, Blackavar & Lady Katherine) and the other to be scared, nervous & timid (Cherry, Badger & Jacquetta). I've certainly found it harder to build a bond with Jacquetta & Cherry as they seem to be rabbit rabbits and not as bothered by human company so I leave them alone unless necessary, hence why you tend to hear less about them. Certainly with larger than life characters like Slipper & Lady Katherine, they certainly keep you on your toes!
I have a great bond with Maizie, Marble and Freddie.
An ok bond with Daisy.
Still working on a bond with Billy.

Maizie and Daisy definitely don't adhere to regular bunny pair rules :lol:

I have a great bond with Maizie, Marble and Freddie.
An ok bond with Daisy.
Still working on a bond with Billy.

Maizie and Daisy definitely don't adhere to regular bunny pair rules :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Neither does Slipper! He still acts like an unspayed doe at times :roll:

I probably have the best bond with Lady Katherine as she's very affectionate for all her nortiness, she just makes me laugh with her cheeky personality and she chooses to seek me out & spend time with me too :love:

Slipper and I have a love/hate relationship at times. Sometimes he likes me, sometimes he doesn't. I always love him, but sometimes I don't like him very much (usually when he bites me :roll:) so far though, since his dental at the end of September when he jumped into my arms at the vet & hid in my jacket, he's warmed up to me a bit more and I feel a lot happier with him now I know he obviously loves me too, even only a bit.

Blueberry and I have a good bond. He's not a snuggle bun, but he's coming around to the idea slowly. He's small, cute, fluffy & Badger's brother so I love him twice as much if that makes sense as I love him for him and for Badger too. He always likes to be off exploring and bouncing about rather than snuggle with me, but sometimes he will sit there and have his head rubbed :love:

Blackavar & I also have a great bond. He's a real snuggle bun and will happily sit cuddled on my knee whilst I watch TV. Plus he's had a lot of health issues in the year he's been with me and I've spent a heck of a lot of time (and money!) with him, getting him better etc. Now he has Cherry, he still loves me, but I've taken a step back as he doesn't need me as much now he's happy & healthy. He still loves getting fuss & cuddles though.

Cherry & Jacquetta are on an equal footing I'd say. They both are used to me and Cherry no longer hides from me. She does stamp at me sometimes when I'm cleaning her out though :roll::lol: little diva. I can sneak in the occasional nose rub too, but most of the time, she's a "hands off" rabbit. She's only been with me a couple of months though and she is a wildie cross so I make allowances for her & leave her be where possible. Jacquetta is a good girl and more nervous so paired with Lady Katherine, it's hard to spend time with her one on one. I'd like a closer bond with these two, but I put their wishes first and try to leave them to it unless necessary.

Back