• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*Sigh* So I spend the last of my money this week on her....

~ILoveMyBunny~

Alpha Buck
... trying to give her a lovely, huge new cage... And she sulks with me.
Little Maple (not so little anymore!) needed a new cage. She and Jazzie have been living in a two tier cage that I originally bought for them both (before I knew they hated each other). After they started fighting I had to remove the ladder and cover the hole while I looked for a new cage. As it turned out, to two-tier one was a lot smaller than I thought it was and I knew they'd need another soon anyway. So I get together every penny I can and buy a huge new cage for Maple. It finally arrived yesterday and I made it lovely and welcoming for her with her bowls, litter tray, hay, toys ect...
And she hates me.
She has literally been sulking since last night. She gives me a glare every time I go past and spends 98% of her time sitting in her litter tray looking miserable. This morning while I was trying to sleep I got a single, very angry thump. A couple of minutes later, thump. This went on for at least half an hour. Not thumps of fear, thumps of one very sulky bunny.
She's normally such a happy bunny. I gave her a box in the end and she immediately changed (she loves boxes). She started binkying and head-flicking and getting all excited.
Then an hour or so later the novelty wore off and she went back to being grumpy.
Willow went through at least give different hutches/cages though her life, and I don't remember her being so grumpy about it. She was curious about where she was and had to settle in of couse, but I don't remember her sulking with me like this.
I am wondering if a part of it could be that she's now on the ground. She liked being up high looking over everything (she had the top tier).
*Sigh* :roll:

I am wondering if a part of it could be that she's now on the ground. She liked being up high looking over everything (she had the top tier)
Probably! Lopsy doesn't like it when I don't put his sit-on toys back in quick enough after we've moved his run...! Runs around looking for them and then comes over and glares at me!

Probably! Lopsy doesn't like it when I don't put his sit-on toys back in quick enough after we've moved his run...! Runs around looking for them and then comes over and glares at me!
:lol: sounds about right. They do like being up high, don't they?
Well just as I thought she was settling in she's taken it to the next stage. Her big, heavy ceramic bowl just got dragged half way across the cage and all of the pellets just got dug out and scattered everywhere. She's also been trying to tunnel through the bottom of her litter tray.
As you can imagine, it's a lovely mess in there now.
I suppose this is her way of telling me how she wants it to be in there.

Update: She finally settled in!.. Now that she has it exactly how she wants it. That is, a complete mess :lol::roll:

Last edited:
Back