• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snuggle safe alternative or cheapest place?

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
I went out this morning to bunnies with cold ears/heads despite having loads of bedding and its only going to get colder!

I dont want to spend out £19 each on a snugglesafe and them dig it and not like it as to be honest its really expensive for two cages!

Are there any alternatives? Someone told me use a hot water bottle but that would probably end up with warm water everywhere and wouldn't last the night

If nobody knows any cheaper alternatives to a snugglesafe then can someone point me in the direction of the cheapest place to buy a snugglesafe? Ill tell you now, not p@h... £22 :shock:

Thanks in advanced!

£15 from amazon at the moment. I think the cheapest I've ever found one is about £12 and that was on amazon too.

I have heard of some people heating a brick in the oven til it's warm and then wrapping in a tea towel - not tried it myself though!!

£15 from amazon at the moment. I think the cheapest I've ever found one is about £12 and that was on amazon too.
Ive checked ebay but even second hand ones are going for expensive prices!
I have heard of some people heating a brick in the oven til it's warm and then wrapping in a tea towel - not tried it myself though!!
A brick?! :shock:
Someone suggested them bean bag/water bottles that go in the microwave and have like the herb stuff inside - not sure if they're rabbit safe though :(

Snugglesafe heat pads under £15 are good value. Try Amazon or VetUK. Sometimes there are offers on. Postage can be expensive so check first as they are heavy.

I find them really useful in outdoor hutches over winter as they provide just enough heat over a long period of time. I wrap them in a layer of newspaper (without the cover as it just collects hay) and hide them under a pile of hay in the nest area. Put them in at bedtime and they last overnight. If it is really cold, I use 2 together. They are the easiest (few minutes in a microwave) and cleanest most bunnyproof way of keeping the chill out that I know. I would be wary of anything with water in as there is nothing worse than being cold and wet during the winter if it gets chewed.

Snugglesafe heat pads under £15 are good value. Try Amazon or VetUK. Sometimes there are offers on. Postage can be expensive so check first as they are heavy.

I find them really useful in outdoor hutches over winter as they provide just enough heat over a long period of time. I wrap them in a layer of newspaper (without the cover as it just collects hay) and hide them under a pile of hay in the nest area. Put them in at bedtime and they last overnight. If it is really cold, I use 2 together. They are the easiest (few minutes in a microwave) and cleanest most bunnyproof way of keeping the chill out that I know. I would be wary of anything with water in as there is nothing worse than being cold and wet during the winter if it gets chewed.
VetUk have them for £13.73 which is cheap (I still feel ripped off though lol!) Guess ill order one of them, thanks :wave:

They are expensive aren't they. I bought 2 the other day as P@H had 20% off online. Used them last night for the first time.

do i need one per bunny or just one for the shed?
depends if they want to snuggle together :wave: im getting one for each shed/playhouse
They are expensive aren't they. I bought 2 the other day as P@H had 20% off online. Used them last night for the first time.
Pretty sure p@h were doing a really good sale on them in the summer but I never thought I'd need one, I didnt think it would get this cold at night time - they coped well last year!

Back