• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think this is fair?

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
I feed her breakfast and dinner, I fuss her all evening every day, I cuddle her in the mornings, I give her veg, I give her treats, I talk to her, I buy her presents....

OH never feeds her, he gives her a nose rub when he walks through the lounge to the kitchen briefly and then on the way back, which is maybe 2-3 times a day, he picks her up (and she hates being picked up!) every day when he gets home from work to give her a kiss.....

Yet Lilly runs to the door when she hears him get home, she binkies when he puts her down after they've had a cuddle, she follows him when he walks through the room, she pesters him for fusses and binkies after he gives her nose rubs! She absolutely adores him!

Now I'm not saying she prefers him to me... but it's probably about equal! Which considering how much I do for her and give her and how much fusses she gets from me in comparison is just NOT FAIR! She definitely used to prefer me over him! I can't think of what he has done to get so high in her good books!

HMPH I should be loved the most!

Sorry but :lol: This put a huge smile on my face, just the thought of him coming in to pick her up and give her a kiss :love:

My OH barely does anything for the buns, but at least mine don't seem to favour him! I asked him to clean them out the other day (only the second time in 12 months) to which I got an "are you joking?"!!

MEN! ;)

:lol::lol: I feel this way with Marble and Billy and my OH.

Especially Billy!
I spend almost all day every day at home with him. I feed him. I give him treats. I'm not allowed to fuss him.

My OH comes home one or 2 weekends a month, and Billy love him! He'll sit in him, climb on him, accept fusses off him etc
Marble used to love my OH when he came home too, but I think that was just because it was another person to give her attention!
:roll:

Sorry but :lol: This put a huge smile on my face, just the thought of him coming in to pick her up and give her a kiss :love:

My OH barely does anything for the buns, but at least mine don't seem to favour him! I asked him to clean them out the other day (only the second time in 12 months) to which I got an "are you joking?"!!

MEN! ;)

:lol: I don't think OH has ever cleaned the litter tray out! Maybe once? He only does it if I go away without him which is rarely, and we used to live with a couple of my friends who were very animally people so often it'd be easier to ask them than even ask my OH!! I actually worry that I'll go into hospital or something and she won't get cleaned out! She'll get water and food I'm sure, you couldn't not feed Lilly she's demanding!!! But cleaning out... hmm! I'd have to really persuade him!

:lol::lol: I feel this way with Marble and Billy and my OH.

Especially Billy!
I spend almost all day every day at home with him. I feed him. I give him treats. I'm not allowed to fuss him.

My OH comes home one or 2 weekends a month, and Billy love him! He'll sit in him, climb on him, accept fusses off him etc
Marble used to love my OH when he came home too, but I think that was just because it was another person to give her attention!
:roll:

Awh silly Billy! And silly Lilly :p they both need to learn that they should love their mummies the most! That's sweet that despite not actually seeing your OH that often he still has formed a bond with him! Harvey used to have a good bond with my Mum even though he only saw her once a month maximum, more likely once every other month! He would lick anyone, but he only frantically licked people he really liked and he licked me frantically of course, but also mum!

Awh silly Billy! And silly Lilly :p they both need to learn that they should love their mummies the most! That's sweet that despite not actually seeing your OH that often he still has formed a bond with him! Harvey used to have a good bond with my Mum even though he only saw her once a month maximum, more likely once every other month! He would lick anyone, but he only frantically licked people he really liked and he licked me frantically of course, but also mum!
Maizie and Daisy aren't so fond of him :lol: they aren't fond of anyone really. I can fuss them but that's about it :lol:
he hasn't met Freddie yet, but Freddie loves everyone! He was having cuddles from me as soon as i got him home :lol:

My OH doesn't live with me, I spend more time at his than he does at mine so he sees my rabbits maybe once every month or two? He does feed them when he sees them, but I feed them every single day. I've had the rabbits longer than I've known OH, so they haven't even known him their whole lives/time with me.

He's allowed to give Milly nose rubs. I am not. Milly likes him, she doesn't like anyone else at all. No other human can give her nose rubs and yet he can.

Rabbits are horrible!

(Charlie loves everyone)

Same in our house, but with us it's the bunny AND THE BABY!! Everyone likes daddy best! Harumph!

:lol:

I can imagine it being like that when we have kids! At the moment OH is terrified of babies and children but I can tell once he has his own they will probably just gang up on me causing mischief :lol: he is really just a big kid anyway!

My OH doesn't live with me, I spend more time at his than he does at mine so he sees my rabbits maybe once every month or two? He does feed them when he sees them, but I feed them every single day. I've had the rabbits longer than I've known OH, so they haven't even known him their whole lives/time with me.

He's allowed to give Milly nose rubs. I am not. Milly likes him, she doesn't like anyone else at all. No other human can give her nose rubs and yet he can.

Rabbits are horrible!

(Charlie loves everyone)

:lol: Rabbits eh?! It's so odd how they choose their favourite people!!! Harvey was an everyone lover too :D Lilly used to love me the most although she would accept head rubs from strangers, now she loves me and OH equally, she probably would love a stranger more than both of us at this rate :roll:

Oh dear, I feel for you all! My OH won't go in the bunny room or have anything to do with them, partly due to allergies and partly because he can't stand Slipper. Sadly, he is having to care for them whilst I'm away for 10 days next week. They had better still love me when I get home or there'll be trouble!! :evil::evil::evil:

Oh dear, I feel for you all! My OH won't go in the bunny room or have anything to do with them, partly due to allergies and partly because he can't stand Slipper. Sadly, he is having to care for them whilst I'm away for 10 days next week. They had better still love me when I get home or there'll be trouble!! :evil::evil::evil:

Oh dear! I hope he gets over his dislike of Slipper and can manage his very important duties! Is the dislike mutual, does Slipper not like him too?

Lilly would like me to add that she did give me licks earlier, and not the one or two token licks that she has previously given me on occasions, this time it was a proper groom, so I should stop being so grumpy at how much she loves Daddy!

Oh dear! I hope he gets over his dislike of Slipper and can manage his very important duties! Is the dislike mutual, does Slipper not like him too?

Lilly would like me to add that she did give me licks earlier, and not the one or two token licks that she has previously given me on occasions, this time it was a proper groom, so I should stop being so grumpy at how much she loves Daddy!

Oh yes, there is mutual loathing between Slipper & my OH. OH hates Slipper's diva behaviour and says Slipper killed Badger. OH adored Badger, about as much as he adores "dinner" (don't get me starters :roll:). He called him his "miniature hero". Slipper has also growled & stamped at my OH and bitten him before. Slipper bites anyone given half a chance - we've come to an understanding - but OH thinks Slipper needs to stop being a stroppy, demanding bunny who learns his place in the household hierarchy i.e. not at the top.

Oh yes, and when Slipper was ill the other month and needed rushing to the vets for a dental, OH said Slipper did it on purpose as we had plans to to go out and do something together as we hadn't seen each other for a week and then we couldn't as I then had to spend the weekend caring for Slipper & shuttling between the vets.

Oh yes, there is mutual loathing between Slipper & my OH. OH hates Slipper's diva behaviour and says Slipper killed Badger. OH adored Badger, about as much as he adores "dinner" (don't get me starters :roll:). He called him his "miniature hero". Slipper has also growled & stamped at my OH and bitten him before. Slipper bites anyone given half a chance - we've come to an understanding - but OH thinks Slipper needs to stop being a stroppy, demanding bunny who learns his place in the household hierarchy i.e. not at the top.

Oh dear :( tell your OH that until he stops blaming Slipper for Badger's death how is Slipper supposed to start liking him?! :p I don't think your OH understand that hierarchy in rabbits is not like it is with dogs, the rabbits choose their places unlike dogs who you can train to be in certain places! Lilly is top in our household, although with Harvey and Logan was below them both (yet still above the humans of course!)

Oh dear :( tell your OH that until he stops blaming Slipper for Badger's death how is Slipper supposed to start liking him?! :p I don't think your OH understand that hierarchy in rabbits is not like it is with dogs, the rabbits choose their places unlike dogs who you can train to be in certain places! Lilly is top in our household, although with Harvey and Logan was below them both (yet still above the humans of course!)

He doesn't care of Slipper hates him, he says he doesn't need his dinner to like him :roll: and I've tried telling him I doubt very much Slipper killed Badger & it's just going to have to be a tragic mystery but he won't have it. He doesn't understand stroppy bunnies who rule the roost & have slaves :lol: he still thinks people are above bunnies in the hierarchy :lol: and yes he has met Lady Katherine :lol:

Poor you! I know how you feel - Rolo hates me picking him up yet when we're on holidays, he stays with my parents and he loves sitting on my dad for a cuddle!

Back