• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The wait is over! Snugz is here!

Granted I was never a regular on the forum but I'm back and here to introduce the newest member to my family. Sadly, Cloud (my previous bun) passed away in an absolute freak accident a few months back and I've been missing having a bun around ever since.

This story is a bit of a long and complicated one but here we go...
A lady contacted my good friend and asked if she was interested in a doe with her 5 "five week old" babies as she was going to focus solely on guinea pigs and no longer needed the rabbits - my friend said yes and swapped beauty products for the 6 buns.
Sadly, Mumma was skin and bones and we managed to get a DOB out of the breeder and found the kits were only 2 weeks old! Eek!
Whats worse? Mumma plucked herself 2 weeks later and popped out another litter of 7. Since she couldn't support the extra litter, they were fostered but luck wasn't on our side and while in the beginning things were going well, the fireworks around here spooked the foster mum and she spread the babies throughout the cage and they grew cold and passed away.
It's been a really tough road as two of the original five babies began to fade, no growth in 10 days despite countless top up feeds.

Never the less, I fell in love with one of the gorgeous babies and finally got to bring him home today!
His nickname is Snugglebum but I like to call him Snugz :) He is 1/4 minilop, 3/4 jersey woolley.
PB051066_zps475401f8.jpg
PB051042_zpsed80fb5d.jpg

How sad for the others Binky Free buns :(

Now that is one pretty little bun :love: looks like he is going to be a fuzzy fur ball too :lol: hope he likes to be brushed :D

Thank you guys for all the compliments, now we just have to keep our fingers crossed that the 3 remaining bubs stay alive and healthy - we are quite worried about one of them.
Despite plenty of food and everything to give her a boost, Mumma wasn't coping raising all her babies - even a small litter of 3 is just to much for her. My friend weaned Screamer and Snugglebum at 6 weeks, Snugz of course came here (I often take in animals from her that need TLC including babies that need to be handraised, people tend to dump animals on her doorstep so this kind of stuff isn't new to us).
Screamer is a good 400g while Snugz is around 290g and the darling wee Puffball who is remaining with her Mum is absolutely tiny around 100-150g. I'm not 100% sure if she will make it but my friend is giving her top up feeds in hopes she isn't another fader like her two siblings..

On a positive note, Snugz love a brush! He fits right in, longhaired cats, rats, guinea pigs and moos!

Please do keep us updated of them all- especially with pictures of such a photogenic bun! He's seriously one of the most gorgeous and handsome rabbits I've ever seen.

"Lets Eat!"
Since he is still young, I'm making sure to introduce a variety of fruits and vegetables to him. He was definitely a fan of this though! (I've totally blanked on the name..)
hpm1Yx.jpg

f5pKwq.jpg

jw8S68.jpg

BpFzBV.jpg

eVRZV3.jpg

Continuing on with the adorableness. The sun is a little hidden by the clouds but it's warm enough for Snugz to go outside in the big pen for a little while.
PB071171_zps563ddedd.jpg
PB071215_zps43d4e25b.jpg
PB071197_zpsc215d801.jpg

Back