• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies and Fireworks

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
Right, need advice

I have nearly had a heart attack twice tonight with the loudest fireworks I have ever heard, in my life, and thats inside the house.

Have been out to see the bunnies and they are terrified,,,both hiding

Suggestions... I cant bring them inside as I am painting...

What can i do... Should i cover the shed window and lock them in shed or should i just let them have usual access shed and run??

Urgent help please folks

Poor bunnies, horrid scary fireworks.

All the advice I have seen suggests giving them plenty of hiding places filled with bedding and block off outside areas!!?

I hope someone has some more advice soon, and that buns get through the evening without too much stress...

They have 2 hidey houses to hide in..

This year has been the worst ever,,,,,,And its not even the 5th yet? Oohhh , i dont want tomorrow night to come, it'll be hell..

I think i will stuff their big hidy house full of hay...

I cover the shed window, and shut them in there so they can't get into the run. A hidey house of hay sounds like a good plan.

No suggestions but I do hope the celebrants get tired of their displays quickly and allow you and your bunnies to get back to a nice quiet evening. (((((hugs)))))) xxxx

Hi... I'm struggling with this too, cos i can't bring mine in either.. i so value the advice to block out the shed windows and not let them have run access... cos that's all i can do too :( Lots of hidey holes tooo... oh, our Buns... we are not alone X

We always threw an old carpet over the hutch so it covered all the big sides: it's quite a good sound insulator. Charlie hated fireworks and we lived in a suburban area where there were lots of big gardens and fireworks nearby, but he just went into his hidey end and burrowed down! Lopsy is thankfully nonplussed but he still gets a carpet. Probably too difficult with a shed!

I am going to shut mine in the garage tonight and give them lots of things to do - paper to tear, hiding noms and herbs and loads of hay. I hope that it will keep them occupied whilst the fireworks our at their peak.

Hope they are okay xxx

I covered the shed window tonight but the cover to the shed access is goosed and I have had to leave the run open...

O have been in and oit all night and Bramble isnt venturing far,,, willow is ok.

I wish tonight was over,,,

Fee x

We had some people from the boats etc. next-door-but-one-ish us letting off fireworks in the middle of the street last night, so they were very close. But they have dogs, so there were only two really loud ones (possibly bought by accident!), the rest were just pops and fizzles. Hopefully all be over by Sunday!

Hopefully, the fireworks have now finished, unless there's more planned for Friday night. If you've got an electric supply in the shed, you could plug in a radio - I do this and turn it up, so as it's loud enough to drown out some of the bangs. Luckily, my boy doesn't seem too bothered by them, but I'll be glad when they're finished, but of course then we have them again New Year's Eve!

Over here at least, it seems like a lot of people are waiting until the weekend :roll: So there will be more to come. I feel bad for all the animals :( But of course outdoor rabbits are more exposed to it. I'd be worried sick.

Well, the buns appear to be ok this morning although Bramble does seem a little nervy, poor boy, dont blame him:(

I personally think all home fireworks should be banned and issued to organised events only. Some people ore just insane when it comes to 5/11 !!!

Back