• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It makes me feel so sad...

Lucy-Lou

Mama Doe
...when one bunny puts it's head under the chin of the other wanting to be groomed, and the other bunny just ignores them and moves away :cry::lol:

Do your submissive bunnies get the short end of the stick as well? I want to tell the dominant bunny off for not being nice :lol:

...when one bunny puts it's head under the chin of the other wanting to be groomed, and the other bunny just ignores them and moves away :cry::lol:

Do your submissive bunnies get the short end of the stick as well? I want to tell the dominant bunny off for not being nice :lol:

Yeah happens all the time. :lol: When the boys were babies Milo used to always groom Finn, when they matured Milo started to ignore Finn and Finn didn't know what was going on, the tables have turned now and Finn has to groom Milo! Finn only gets the odd groom from Milo now, I always tell him ''Well you were selfish when you were a young bunny, its a taste of your own medicine!''

with ours bo does most of the grooming but he is the dominant one of the 2. He humps Bee every couple of days normally after he's groomed her so we are assuming he's the boss she doesn't seem to mind

She does occasionally groom him but I think he'd like more!

I think Amy tries to do it to me- she'll sit on my lap/chest and, after a few pets, stretch her head out flat to not quite under my chin and wait. I think she wants me to groom her with my mouth (I have a brush she somewhat tolerates), but as a human it's not really possible! Usually she waits a minute before realising I won't groom her then hops off, and I feel really bad about it.

She's always licking me; seriously, half the time she's through for cuddle time is actually just her licking my hand, and she is, though a right diva, quite submissive. I love being licked and groomed, but I worry that just petting and snuggling isn't enough.

I get stared at every night by Bug - usually whilst I'm eating dinner she will just sit and stare at me. I know full well what she wants as well and as soon as I go near her she puts her head down ready for nose strokes and rubs behind her ears - guess who is the dominant one :roll::love:

With Cheyenne and Lenny - he is definately the dominant boy but only whilst in their hutch. When they are out and about - if he puts he head down to Cheyenne and asks for grooming she turns into a right little cow and bites him - usually on his bum :(. So I feel sorry for the boy and go over to give him nose rubs - at which point Cheyenne shoves her head in and I end up grooming them both at the same time. Both are dominant over me :roll:

I guess I am just a well trained bunny slave who will anything for my masters :love:

Barney will often ignore Chloe when she puts her head under his chin :( She gives him so much more attention then he gives her! Poor fuzz :(

My bunnies are the same, Bess is the dominant one and she grooms George, her son. George is clearly a spoilt brat and never grooms her even when she asks for it.

She does hump him to put him in his place every few days. Guess that's a normal mum-son relationship in the bunny world!:? :lol:

Hugo will groom Parker all the time and Parker is very demanding! It makes me laugh how far under Hugo she will put her head for a groom! However, very very occasionally Parker will groom Hugo (although it is very brief) but I do always get really excited when I see it as it happens so infrequently!

Willow begged from grooms from Floppy.. Nope!

Willow begged for grooms from Smudge... nope!

Willow begs Bramble for grooms..... :cry:.. Still No

My precious girly is destined to get no bunneh kisses.... Oh no, poor wee pet. breaks my heart..xxxxx

When I first bonded Harvey and Lilly, Harvey had been lonely for so long and just wanted to be groomed so desperately, he groomed Lilly a lot straight from the beginning, she took at least 3 months (probably longer, I can't remember) to groom him back and I felt so sorry for him in the mean time! Yet actually overall in their relationship Harvey was actually the dominant one!!!!! They used to have forehead wars all the time :roll: one would eventually give in, or I would give in and go over and fuss both of them at the same time! If one got completely shunned I'd also go in and be the back up groomer :lol:

I hope that Lilly's new man gives licks as well as receives them! I'm very confident Lilly will groom him, because she was submissive with Harvey and Logan and groomed both of them (even though she was only with Logan for just over a week :(), so I hope her man will show her love back! I feel awful for bunnies when I see them get shunned by each other!

I think Amy tries to do it to me- she'll sit on my lap/chest and, after a few pets, stretch her head out flat to not quite under my chin and wait. I think she wants me to groom her with my mouth (I have a brush she somewhat tolerates), but as a human it's not really possible!

Do you ever imitate what bunnies do with their mouths with your hand? Smudge and Lambchop love that when they've asked me to groom them. I sort of rub and gently pull gently at the fur around their ears and the top of their heads, where they'd normally groom each other, in the same sort of rhythm as they do it. I think there's a video of how on youtube somewhere. Teeth purring a plenty! Actually a pretty good motion for getting some of the fur out when they're moulting, too.

Smudge grooms Lambchop more but they both will to each other on occasion. I also get the odd lick, although not as many as I used to. Haha.

My two lie together lots and if I'm ever giving Mabel nose and head rubs, Arthur always presses his head into my hand too. They both request grooming from each other but largely ignore each other. They do groom each other occasionally and I love spying on them to catch them doing it when they don't know they're being watched. Arthur also washes his face and ears over mabes head and I'm sure she thinks he's grooming her. I get the occasional bunny kiss but neither are particularly licky bunnies

Do you ever imitate what bunnies do with their mouths with your hand? Smudge and Lambchop love that when they've asked me to groom them. I sort of rub and gently pull gently at the fur around their ears and the top of their heads, where they'd normally groom each other, in the same sort of rhythm as they do it. I think there's a video of how on youtube somewhere. Teeth purring a plenty! Actually a pretty good motion for getting some of the fur out when they're moulting, too.

Smudge grooms Lambchop more but they both will to each other on occasion. I also get the odd lick, although not as many as I used to. Haha.

Huh, I mostly just stroke and fondle her ears. She loves her nose rubs and head pats something fierce, but I'll try that next time, particularly as she seems to be shedding again. Thanks!

I think I have only seen Paws groom Buck maybe 4 times since we got them in August but Buck is forever grooming Paws, so much so that he often has her fur in his poop! I do wish she would groom him more but she is the dominant one forever humping his face but he does now finally seem to be challenging this dominance, so hopefully things will even out in the grooming stakes.
If I stroke his head and cheeks in just the right way his eyes shut completely and his body just melts which I hope makes up for the lack of grooming from Paws, where as Paws only wants human grooming when she is getting jealous of the attention given to Buck and sticks her head between my hand and Buck's head.

Millie and Maddie both groom each other and also both ignore groom requests too. I always sit there going "aw go on be nice" to whoever is refusing. They don't seem to listen though! :oops:

awww, mabel and sox used to groom each other at same time so they never had problems, mabel now grooms her blue bunny bear :cry: I groom mabel

I felt really sorry for Otto as I never saw Pippa groom him and he was forever grooming her but then I poppped downstairs one night and caught her grooming him! So now I keep trying to sneak up on them and she's always grooming him in secret.
She'll be most upset that I've let everyone know she's not the aloof bunny she likes to think she is and she's a big softy at heart haha!

Will grooms Nancy when she asks for it and even when she doesn't! She hardly ever grooms him back. Because she's so much bigger than him he gets so far underneath her when she's grooming herself I think he'll suffocate. She does groom him sometimes, his whole body shakes but he doesn't mind. She doesn't like to be caught grooming him though. If she sees you watching she'll stop.

Ah I know how you feel! Sometimes the bunny gets the message and eventually begins to groom. Could take years though!

Back