• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothyhay.co.uk not the same?

jazxo

Mama Doe
Has anyone found that their rabbits aren't eating as much of the hay from there? It definitely isn't the same quality as usual and mine are barely eating any.

Anyone know if hayforpets is any better at the moment?

I think it's the time of year :( My hayforpets hay is normally fab but the bunnies have all turned their noses up at this last bale, I've had to cut their pellets right down to get them eating it.

I'm having major problems with hay too... just ordered some 2014 Tim. Hay from Timothy hay as Alfalfa King hay is horrible at the moment as is Oxbow. Buns will reluctantly eat meadow hay...Currently have 3 bags open from different sources. So flippin fussy😠.

I've just got a new bag of timothy hay and it's fantastic quality. Maybe you just got a duff bag?

I had one or two from Timothyhay that weren't as nice and stalky as previous ones but the bag I got a couple of weeks ago is brilliant and the bunnies are munching through it quicker than usual.

I'm not sure about hayforpets though.

I've been getting the 2014 stuff as mine are eating it even though I didn't think they would! I don't know what the 2013 stuff is like, whether that is the stalky stuff. The bags I'm getting now are much greener (which my lot tended to ignore!), I have a new bag coming today so will report back!

Ive got a 2014 bag coming tomorrow. Daren't risk the 2013 as it gets expensive if they turn their noses up at it. Last month's bag went down ok though. :)

we got some 2014 last week and they are loving it! I bought a small bag of green oat hay from amazon which they go ever crazier for but its too expensive to feed as their main hay.

I'm having major problems with hay too... just ordered some 2014 Tim. Hay from Timothy hay as Alfalfa King hay is horrible at the moment as is Oxbow. Buns will reluctantly eat meadow hay...Currently have 3 bags open from different sources. So flippin fussy[emoji34].

I've noticed the same, my buns usually love some Alfalfa King but last two bags have been very poor and a bit of a struggle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last bag I got the buns aren't fussed. It doesn't smell like it used to, not sure what crop I got as it was a few weeks ago before they had a choice

It is a lot of money to spend and them not like it :( they used to go completely crazy for it

Thanks for all your replies! I've been ordering from my phone so I didn't realise there were 2013 and 2014 options! I've ordered a 2014 one now so hopefully that'll get them happy again!

:wave: yeah I'm having an exhausting time with my elder bun with not hay eating at the mo - he had a serious gut problem earlier in the year, this was bunny savy vet treated but his eating habits never really recovered fully so needed to tempt him with pellets, veg and carrot mashes etc. He now seems to be hooked on this diet and despite having tried what feels like every possible variant of hay he still only nibbles a few strands here and there.

I have recently had full body x-rays to include full scull to do crowns and roots and all has been fine - nothing suspicious found.

I've even tried smearing his carrot mash on hay but he just licks it off and ignores the hay:roll: lol

I have now resorted to some Timothy hay pellets from galens garden and watered these down to add to the carrot mash as he won't eat them otherwise.

Any suggestions re hay eating wud be really welcome - it's difficult to cut everything back as when he was poorly earlier in the year and more recently he had dropped in weight so it's a fine balance of how to proceed with him. He produces a regular but smallish amount of poos which I think is representative of what's going in more than anything else.

He will eat Fibre first, pro fibre Pellets, fresh clover, herbs but just not his hay.

One bunny who has his owner well trained me thinks lol:roll::roll::roll: - he is 9 years old so praps it's just an elderly bun thing but I worry about him - does anyone else have to feed a diet without hay please?

Back