• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boarding in York

media
Hi, I'm new to this but thought that I should share with the World the giant rabbit hutch that my husband has built in York. It's so we can board up to four bunnies in our garden. They have toys and access to the outside World. But most importantly, I'm so proud of his effort!

Anyway, if you're in York and need to board some rabbits, give us a call. If not, then just admire his building! :wave:

http://www.scamperingpaws.co.uk

10636059_716673938412532_8326306316287349266_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Haxby person! Your bunnies look really cute, my two are sitting in their hutch (Out of choice) and being grumpy...

:wave:

10311021_668811803198746_6707307564400432073_n.jpg

The hutches are four foot, and the hatch can be open or closed to make it two separate hutches or one big one. We also have covers for winter, but the pic was taken on a gorgeous sunny day!

I love your aviary set up. But have to say that I would not board my buns anywhere that considers a 4ft double hutch 'big'

I know it is only boarding accomodation and that they won't have the space they do at home but still I would expect as a minimum the hutches to be the minimum welfare recommended 6x2x2. Those hutches look like they are only 1ft tall and deep as well which does not allow natural movement for the rabbits.

The aviary looks really secure and well built which would impress me a lot if the cages were more suitable.

Echo what Hele said. I look for the biggest accommodation when boarding my rabbits. At least 6ft but I actually generally look for even bigger than that

I like that your website requires that animals ahpuld be up to date with vaccinations

not sure if you have this covered too, but I would also want to ensure hutches/runs were steamcleaned and disinfected (eg with vet ark) between different bunnies using them?

Love the aviary too!

Love the aviary, excellent job :thumb: However, I agree that the hutches are a little too small. I don't think most bunny owners would want their rabbits in anything smaller than a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch.

My boarders have my bunnies in a 7ft x 2ft x 2ft and they get daily exercise outside. So personally for the prices you are charging I would upgrade the hutch size. They may be alright for guinea pigs though. :)

Back