• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vote for Rabbit Residence!

I voted. I hope more people consider voting! Those paths really do need sorting and poor little Fariyah needs that expensive operation! One of the things I like about the Rabbit Residence is their willingness to help out the poor bunnies with expensive or permanent needs. How many other rescues would spend that kind of money on elderly rabbits to give them their golden years back?

We only got 390 votes :( we needed 400 likes/votes to win £1,000. Really disappointing as we have over 2,800 likers on the RRR Facebook.

Feel Good Park Insurance felt sorry for us though and are donating us £1,500 as a consolation prize, so hopefully RRR will be able to get some of the muddy muddy paths fixed for the winter at least.

I am so very sorry - I did vote - or at least Parsley Piert Parcels did under my close instruction!! But thats great that they donated anyway!!

Its just a thought but have you considered using wooden palettes as walkways during the worst of the mud? We did that last winter in the worst places and it stops the soil getting so muddy and compacted that it doesnt recover. In spring you just take up the palletes and it starts to grow again. If you get palettes which have 'gaps' then the light keeps getting to the grass even whilst they are down.

Its not a permanent solution but helps get by until something permanent - and you might be ale to get a company to donate them? There may be a palletted delivery company near you?

I think everything temporary has been tried haha! Wooden pallets/old roofs of Hutches end up sinking in the mud

I think everything temporary has been tried haha! Wooden pallets/old roofs of Hutches end up sinking in the mud

sorry - had hoped to be helpful! That must be quite some mud! ours only sink a few cms so plenty of palette still on show! We did also use a small area of the plastic gridded stuff they use in National Trust car parks etc when we were at the last house - its specially designed not to sink in even with the weight of cars on it - but still lets grass grow through - but not sure how costly it would be for a large area.

Back