• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Small soft lump on top of bunny's head

Hi all,

I am new here although my partner has been a member for a little while (camerajuan).

I have noticed a small soft lump on the top of our bunnies head, it doesn't seem to be giving her any pain and her behaviour is normal (still bouncing around like the crazy thing she is)!

Am I being neurotic or is this something we should get checked with the vet straight away?

Hello, it is necessary to get a Vet to examine your Rabbit as we cant tell you if the lump is anything to worry about or not as we cant see/feel it. You dont say exactly where on the head the lump is or how big it is. So I'd make an appointment at your Vets :)

The tops of their heads are usually more boney than soft n lumpy so I agree it's probably something that needs prodding by a vet :)

Hi all,

I am new here although my partner has been a member for a little while (camerajuan).

I have noticed a small soft lump on the top of our bunnies head, it doesn't seem to be giving her any pain and her behaviour is normal (still bouncing around like the crazy thing she is)!

Am I being neurotic or is this something we should get checked with the vet straight away?

Without knowing exactly where the lump is, it's impossible to offer any suggestions?

Has she been vaccinated recently? Sometimes the skin can have a reaction at the vaccination site.

Other than that, I would consult a good rabbit vet and see what they say.

Welcome to the Forum :wave:

Checked her over thoroughly last night & then again this morning. Lump seems to have gone.

I initially thought it was just her fur clumping as it was moving with her skin, so possibly has just unclumped?

She's fine too! Proper cuddly the past few days!

Is she moulting? Sometimes you can get a funny feeling patch where the new fur starts to come though under the old. If you blow/part the fur you can usually see the change.

Is she moulting? Sometimes you can get a funny feeling patch where the new fur starts to come though under the old. If you blow/part the fur you can usually see the change.

No moulting really. I've blown where the lump was and there's nothing below it and it feels like it's gone now so maybe as my OH says, over-protective mum syndrome!

Awwww, i thinks its so sweet..... True Love indeed ... Glad Phoebe is Okay now.

Nice to see you both care!!!

Back