• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moved to Uni - missing my rabbit ):

FloLo

Alpha Buck
Moved back to university yesterday, had to leave Flo at home because I can't have pets here/have no garden.
Really missing her now! :cry:
Also a little worried because she is a single bunny and hasn't got a boyf to keep her company. I was her company and tried to spend as much time with her as possible (when she wan't sleeping!). She's a bit of a funny rabbit and doesn't trust people easily. She loves me and trusts me but not my family. She will happily receive strokes and food from them but not cuddles or company like me.
Maybe I'm just worrying too much!

Anyone else spent a considerable amount of time from their beloved bun??

Oh no, I've just got back from holiday and have missed my bunnies and other pets like crazy. Could you consider getting Flo a partner to keep her company?

Yes I have, but as she is staying at my parents they refuse to let me have another :( I will get her a boyfriend as soon as I move out. I don't know if she is spayed or not either.

I've been through the same thing so I definitely know how you feel! It's horrible and you feel so guilty about leaving them behind. I only got to see Bella maybe once a month when I was at Uni :( And my mum wouldn't let me get her a new friend either (she was bonded with my Boris who sadly passed away). It really is a hard situation to be in *hugs*

Yes when I split up with my ex I had no room in my new place for Slipper so I had to leave him. I missed him terribly & after a year I moved into my lovely house & got Slipper back :love:

I worry about Lopsy being alone all the time :( We're both at work all day and don't have time to sit out with him much now it's Uni termtime and wet. I worry he's lonely, but then I remember that where he was before he was probably pretty lonely, and I do plan to get him a girlfriend once his accommodation's up to scratch and that's looking increasingly soon!

But yes, I worry about him, but he's not the cuddliest of bunnies and seems happy enough to be fed, watered and stroked :)

Thank you all so much, it is reassuring that others have had to deal with similar situations!

keletkezes - That's true! At least Flo has a lovely home now (she was abandoned in a box and brought into the vets where I work). She is now getting the care she needs.
Aww, let us know when you get him a girlfriend (and post lots of pics!).

Back