• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wheelie-bin spider has laid her eggs (Warning, Spider Photos!) UPDATE May 2015!

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
Just thought I'd show you that the fat wheelie-bin spider has laid her eggs! Her abdomen's now 1/3 or so the size it was a week ago.

10628919_10101341929032258_9207575082180738818_o.jpg

She used to sit on the hinge you can see towards the top right. She was about the same sort of size as it!

Last edited:
Mummy spider :)

I'm not keen on spiders but I always leave them wherever they are in the house/garden and never disturb them - I'm really paranoid (probably over-paranoid) about flies getting near the rabbits and the risk of flystrike, so spiders are left to their own devices :lol:

so spiders are left to their own devices :lol:
There's one in Lopsy's hutch somewhere, because every time I open the hutch door there's the distinct tearing sound of webbing! Never seen it though, so I reckon it's hiding in the apex above the door where I won't see it.

Wheelie bin has gone for emptying today so we'll see if she remains!

Oh bless... I like spiders... likkle one's... I hope she comes back, but if she doesn't hopefully she's got out okay ;)

She's still there! I reckon putting all the bunny poo and litter bits in there keeps it nice and warm which is why she stayed :) She's at least chosen the correct side of the wheelie bin, not to be scraped out by the rubbish!

Aww I'm glad she's ok and has chosen the safe side of the wheelie bin! I love spiders :love: I've glad so many in the bathroom that I was having trouble cleaning around them all last night - I think I accidentally squished a few :(

Aww :love::love:

Since watching The Spider House programme the other week I feel a lot more love for spiders than I did, but not sure how I'm going to feel when I find a big one in my house :lol:

Ewwwww yuck. I hate spiders. We had some identical to those last year, they were all over my car! I was horrified. They then appeared all over my parents car too. They are back this year but on the wheelie bin now, my mom very kindly sent me a photo :( not a nice thing to open and see on my phone. Glad I moved out last summer so I don't need to see them

Aw I don't really like spiders, but baby spiders are cute! They have been a long time coming!

Back