• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy hutch or welfare hutch

beki

Mama Doe
I am finally (been on about this for ages) going to get a new hutch. Just had the patio relaid so it is nice and level and bunny safe. I was going to buy a happy hutch Sykes hutch and run combo but oh has said he doesn't want the new patio covered in rabbit hutch as he wants to have a table out and space for my son to play so bunnies have got to have a 6x2 double at the biggest :( they can free range on the patio when we are home though so that's a lot better than they used to get as they could never free range as there were too many escape routes before.

So I was wondering, which is best, happy hutch 6x2 or welfare hutch. Price is about the same. Also I want to be able to paint it (probably in the spring now) in a pretty colour. Will I be able to do this with a hutch that has recently been treated? Will I have to sand the colour off?

Thanks

Hi
Hope its ok to post this! but here at The Welfare Hutch Company we can either paint your hutch in a cuprinol garden shade or leave it untreated for you to paint in whichever colour you want. (I hope this doesn't come across as hard sell just thought id let you know an option!) : )

Even if it's pre-stained, you will be able to paint over in your own colour. It may just take a few coats. I always put 3 coats on to start with anyway as I don't always get chance to re-do every year.

Boris twhc that sounds brilliant! How much extra do you charge for panting with coprinol? I will check out colours and see which I prefer, I do like that pale greenly blue one but can't remember it's name. Also do your hutches come flat packed or pre assembled? Thanks :)

I've just checked your site and can see they come flat packed, that's not a problem, just means I can't play with it straight away :)

Hi it's a new option we are adding so order is by email only at the moment until I can wrestle the website to accept change! We charge £19.99 for wood stain or £29.99 for cuprinol

100% recommenced the welfare hutch you housing 2 in it? more space and if 1 gets sick you can have 2 hutches other hutch will hurt your back always bending down there lol and seems small if you lose the run which will rot after a few years

had free range in the 6ft x2ft double with a bottom door removed and flap instead served him well and hes 12 the hutch looks like new quality lasts as his mobility went we were able to put door back on and separate top from bottom and store tons of his junk in bottom hutch lol

Yes 2 will be in the hutch. I lost one of my rabbits earlier in the week so just one bunny in there for now but I will be looking for a new friend for her probably after Christmas. I'm going to order my hutch this weekend.

I bought a 6ftx2ft happy hutch, huge for my 1 rabbit, good quality wood and very sturdy. Had a few issues with assembly though - which I need to file a complaint about!
Mine was also not evenly stained (there is a huge patch that isn't stained at all! But it looks easy enough to paint over it.

Back